IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Athena/Lidl PCN

Options
Hi Folks,

So i think i've read enough and drafted a wee email for Lidl, and am actually a bit miffed as we only have Lidl's and Sainsbury's !!

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: Parking Charge Notice No: xxxxxxxx
Vehicle Registration: xxxxxx
Issue Date: 31-10- 2018
Entered Car Park: 28-10-18 @ 12:17hrs
Exited Car Park: 28-1018 @ 14:08hrs

I am writing as the registered keeper of the above vehicle in reference to Athena ANPR Ltd's Notice to Keeper (ref: xxxxxxxx ).

There has been no financial loss suffered by the landowner or Lidl as a result of the above mentioned vehicle parking in the car park. The penalty they/you are trying to impose on me as the keeper of this car fails show that the driver at that time was in fact a customer of Lidl, The driver (your customer) did not park illegally, or cause a nuisance or obstruction by parking in the free car park whilst they shopped in your store.

I personally also shop at the same store, frequently indulging in purchases of your Parkside tools range! whilst there I have noted that Athena make no allowance for actually acquiring a space in which to park or the time it takes to finally transfer your shopping to your vehicle, return the shopping trolley etc, given that your checkout operators are so efficient at scanning the items I find it is so much easier and fairer to other customers to not even attempt to use carrier bags but to simply put the shopping back into the trolley and bag it up when at your vehicle, I would suggest that the driver at the time operated in such a manner also.

Athena attempts to scare your customers who overstay with a charge of £90 in the hopes that they will feel so threatened and confused that they will just pay up the "discounted" £45 without question, so it's easy money for Athena and a bad reputation for Lidl's for being involved with such a company.

Would you please address this PCN with Athena with a view to cancelling it.

Attached,
Receipts for Lidls Purchases.

I know the PCN is 3 weeks old but had the pleasure of working away :(
Wanted tocheck in and see if i was barking up the right tree,
Just to make sure he see's it i'm intending to send it to the 3 addresses below,

Christian.haertnagel@lidl.co.uk
Dispute.Resolution@lidl.co.uk
compliance@lidl.co.uk

Over to the house for thoughts

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    definitely
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,637 Forumite
    Options
    drafted a wee email for Lidl
    That sounds like a bit of 'Scottish'. Are you based north of the border? Did the contravention occur up there?

If so, different advice applies!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • steves.pc
    Options
    Ooer, no not scottish although i have been near the border (carlisle)
    the PCN was at home in Norfolk!
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,637 Forumite
    Options
    steves.pc wrote: »
    Ooer, no not scottish although i have been near the border (carlisle)
    the PCN was at home in Norfolk!

Hammer Christian Haertnagel (keywords) - seek out other threads to see how they successfully (almost 100%, I'm sure) handled it.

HOW TO USE THE FORUM SEARCH FUNCTION:

Hit your 'Back' button to get back to the forum thread list. On the bar just above the threads you'll see the 'Search' function. Click on the 'Advanced Search' button and on the following page place your keyword(s) in the 'Search By Keyword(s)' and make sure the 'Show Results As' button (at the foot of the window) is changed from 'Threads' to 'Posts'.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • steves.pc
    steves.pc Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 27 November 2018 at 3:02PM
    Options
    Well that's another lose for the Athena con company :)

Sent Lidl's Mr H the email as at the top and got what seems to be their default reply from customer.services

Re: Parking Charge

Thank you for contacting us regarding the parking charge which you received whilst parked within our store car park.

As you are probably aware, Lidl UK GmbH is a national retailer. As such, we have stores in locations with limited parking space and in common with many of our competitors, our store car parks are abused to a significant and detrimental extent. We have therefore judged it necessary to take measures so that our stores parking facilities are available first and foremost to our customers.

In order to ensure that sufficient parking spaces are available at all times to our customers, Lidl employs third party contractors to monitor and control our car parks. So far, this service has proved reliable and effective in reducing car park abuse and in freeing up spaces for our customers.

In light of your comments, on this one occasion, I have contacted the Car Park Management Company and have requested that this charge be cancelled. Your comments regarding our parking restrictions have been noted and passed to the relevant department for their information.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Yours sincerely,
    For and on behalf of Lidl UK GmbH

Pete Wilson
    Customer Service Management

[T] + 44 (0) 370 444 1234 / 0800 977 7766

:beer:

So among all the twaddle and adverts on the internet these days
    brilliant resources and groups of helpful people can be found :)

Thanks all :T
  • chocaholics
    Options
    steves.pc wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

So i think i've read enough and drafted a wee email for Lidl, and am actually a bit miffed as we only have Lidl's and Sainsbury's !!

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: Parking Charge Notice No: xxxxxxxx
    Vehicle Registration: xxxxxx
    Issue Date: 31-10- 2018
    Entered Car Park: 28-10-18 @ 12:17hrs
    Exited Car Park: 28-1018 @ 14:08hrs

I am writing as the registered keeper of the above vehicle in reference to Athena ANPR Ltd's Notice to Keeper (ref: xxxxxxxx ).

There has been no financial loss suffered by the landowner or Lidl as a result of the above mentioned vehicle parking in the car park. The penalty they/you are trying to impose on me as the keeper of this car fails show that the driver at that time was in fact a customer of Lidl, The driver (your customer) did not park illegally, or cause a nuisance or obstruction by parking in the free car park whilst they shopped in your store.

I personally also shop at the same store, frequently indulging in purchases of your Parkside tools range! whilst there I have noted that Athena make no allowance for actually acquiring a space in which to park or the time it takes to finally transfer your shopping to your vehicle, return the shopping trolley etc, given that your checkout operators are so efficient at scanning the items I find it is so much easier and fairer to other customers to not even attempt to use carrier bags but to simply put the shopping back into the trolley and bag it up when at your vehicle, I would suggest that the driver at the time operated in such a manner also.

Athena attempts to scare your customers who overstay with a charge of £90 in the hopes that they will feel so threatened and confused that they will just pay up the "discounted" £45 without question, so it's easy money for Athena and a bad reputation for Lidl's for being involved with such a company.

Would you please address this PCN with Athena with a view to cancelling it.

Attached,
    Receipts for Lidls Purchases.

I know the PCN is 3 weeks old but had the pleasure of working away :(
    Wanted tocheck in and see if i was barking up the right tree,
    Just to make sure he see's it i'm intending to send it to the 3 addresses below,

Christian.haertnagel@lidl.co.uk
    Dispute.Resolution@lidl.co.uk
    compliance@lidl.co.uk

Over to the house for thoughts

Fantastic job steves pc, have taken your advice re emailing
    CEO and thanks to you the parking fine is being cancelled. Different cirumstances but same result.
    Brilliant:T:T
  • B4lly
    B4lly Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone
    I don't know if I'm typing this post in a right area or not. I have a query regarding invoices from Athena.
    Apologies if I'm posting in wrong thread.
  • B4lly
    B4lly Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I received 2 CPCN invoices from Athena day apart. Also both different locations. 1 I overstayed 20 minutes and the other 28 minutes. I read most of your helpful, useful and effective threads regarding this matter here yesterday and sent an email to the lidl customer services as well as to the CEO asking to cancel the invoice. So I got an email from them this morning saying they will request Athena to cancel the invoice on this occasion but how do I go about with the 2nd invoice that I received next day at a different location?? If you could help that would be great. Thanks
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    B4lly, you have hijacked someone else's thread. You need to go to the main parking ticket forum page, read the sticky thread for NEWBIES, then start your own thread if you need further help.

We cannot answer your questions here and all replies are aimed at the OP (original poster) to save confusion.

You should also delete your posts here and ensure you do not mention who was driving on your new thread.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    B4lly wrote: »
    I received 2 CPCN invoices from Athena day apart. Also both different locations. 1 I overstayed 20 minutes and the other 28 minutes. I read most of your helpful, useful and effective threads regarding this matter here yesterday and sent an email to the lidl customer services as well as to the CEO asking to cancel the invoice. So I got an email from them this morning saying they will request Athena to cancel the invoice on this occasion but how do I go about with the 2nd invoice that I received next day at a different location?? If you could help that would be great. Thanks

use a different email address when writing about 2nd one
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family