We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
British Gas PT5 Thermostat
Bit of a long shot, but does anyone have a British Gas PT5 thermostat? My mum has moved into a house with one and various people have tried to set the times for her - whatever anyone does though, it consistently comes on in the middle of the night and she's getting stressed about the cost of it.
I've had a look online for a manual, looks like this is an old thermostat that is now not used anymore, I've tried using instructions in manuals for what people say is the closest match - but either we aren't doing something right or it's broken.
Anyone with any advice, much appreciated.
I've had a look online for a manual, looks like this is an old thermostat that is now not used anymore, I've tried using instructions in manuals for what people say is the closest match - but either we aren't doing something right or it's broken.
Anyone with any advice, much appreciated.
0
Comments
-
I think it's one of these
http://www.gasapplianceguide.co.uk/DigistatProgramming.pdf, http://www.gasapplianceguide.co.uk/Digistat%20Instructions.pdf
Have you changed the batteries?. These stats are about 10 years old so it might be worth swapping it for a newer one if you can't sort it out.Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers0 -
Thanks - I've had a look at those manuals before and tried to set it using them - but we still seem to be getting it wrong...... battery is an idea, not thought about that, will go see if I can work out where to take it out......will report back :-)0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

