🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Nedbank Shares

Options
HI,

I recently had some shares for Nedbank credited to my Halifax Sharedealing account (as part of the Old Mutual break-up).
However, as Halifax don't trade on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, I can't sell them unless I transfer them to a broker who does. The only brokers I've found deal in only large quantities or charge expensive quarterly fees.
Are there any well known UK sharedealing accounts for smaller investors who deal on the JSE, as I can't find any? I can't be the only Halifax customer who is in this position.
Thank you.

Comments

• londoninvestor
    Options
    Others may be able to answer you straight off. I'm afraid I don't know, but maybe a good first point of call would be Nedbank and/or Old Mutual's Investor Relations departments?
  • short_butt_sweet
    Options
    ajbell youinvest apparently do johannesburg shares, via phone dealing only. they do have a quarterly charge for holding shares, but not a huge one (max £7.50).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport