Options
2»

Comments

• unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,286 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Doshwaster wrote: »
    Anywhere in Spain will be fairly open especially in the tourist areas. Christmas Day is treated like a bank holiday here with bars and restaurants open and public transport running even if on a reduced timetable. One of the best Christmas Days I've ever had was in Barcelona.

Just be warned though that it will be expensive. I used to regularly go abroad for Xmas/New Year but the prices have now got too high.

In Spain the main celebration is the arrival of the Magi on Jan 6. The birth of Christ is a minor thing
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,141 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    unforeseen wrote: »
    In Spain the main celebration is the arrival of the Magi on Jan 6. The birth of Christ is a minor thing

Yes, that's right. Christmas Day in Spain is like a Bank Holiday Monday here.

The only thing which caught me out on my first Christmas in Spain is the almost total shutdown of shops, bars and restaurants on the evening of Christmas Eve from about 6pm - when everyone is supposed to go to church and have a family dinner - but a lot of bars will then reopen at midnight to allow people to party into the early hours.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure