IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Civil Enforcement Ltd - Restaurant PCN

Options

Comments

• RF10
    RF10 Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you once again. I will submit over the weekend.
  • RF10
    Options
    So it's now been 9 weeks since I received the letter to say the hearing has been allocated and awaiting trial date. Given everything I understand the delay, however is their any kind of cut off time frame it needs to be done by? Also interesting I drove past the site a few days ago and all signage has been removed, therefore unsure if CEL still have control over the land, if not and when the case does go to hearing could this mean it's no longer pursued? 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,167 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Given everything I understand the delay, however is their any kind of cut off time frame it needs to be done by?
    No, it'll happen when the court is ready. 

Read the TELEPHONE HEARINGS thread, which includes lots of info including a post by bargepole last month, with a lost of courts and what they are doing at the moment. Some are closed, some are not.

unsure if CEL still have control over the land, if not and when the case does go to hearing could this mean it's no longer pursued? 
    No.  It makes no difference.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • RF10
    Options
    Fantastic news. The telephone hearing scheduled for 12th October has today been struck out after Claimant failed to pay the fee. Winner Winner. Thank you for all your help regarding this, I genuine would not have been able to win this without all the advice.
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    Keep hold in case the court screwed up! 
  • RF10
    Options
    That would be just my luck!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,167 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It has happened loads of times...it's not over till it's over so wait a month in case another Order arrives saying 'oops, reinstated'.

AND - get ANGRY and GET EVEN about this scam! 

Please now make a real difference because not enough people have and you are here in the right month:

A TASK FOR SEPTEMBER:

The Government is (this month only) consulting about a new statutory code of practice (CoP) and framework to rein in the rogue parking firms.  Read and comment on the draft CoP proposal and the enforcement framework consultation, and get everyone you know to do the same.

You will need to register to comment on the CoP and enter an occupation even if you are retired or a homemaker, but otherwise it is easy to navigate, and comment upon each section/subsection individually. You can save comments to edit later and or submit comments once you are happy with them.

https://standardsdevelopment.bsigroup.com/projects/2020-00193#/section

You do not need to register to comment on the enforcement framework which can be found here. It has a link on page 5 to make comments.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/913272/Code_Enforcement_Framework_consultation.pdf

At the very least, we say the parking charge level should be £50/£25 or higher level £70/£35, as per Council PCNs in E&W.  

And we say the added fake 'debt recovery' costs are just double counting the cost of letters and MUST GO.  Remove that layer and you remove the ‘drivers’ behind the race to court.

HOW TO DO THE SUBMISSIONS:

Responses into the PAS 232 and MHCLG framework documents are not completely straightforward:

On the MHCLG response, you have to answer the questions on a 1-5 scale from strongly agree to strongly disagree, and then put some commentary. No way to upload documents or alternatives.

On the PAS 232, you have to click on each clause and sub-clause to put your comments, and a suggested rewording of their draft.  You can see comments which other people have written! 

But, when you click ‘submit’, a message pops up to say your comments have been received, but that only applies to the particular clause you have just addressed.

You have to click ‘submit’ separately for each individual clause response.

Some people will be caught out by this but can revisit it and add further responses up to 12 October.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,504 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • RF10
    Options
    D_P_Dance said:
    Are you suggesting making a claim against CEL? 
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,504 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    No, I am suggesting that you read the link
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback