Options
13»

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    have i got this right

if i get turned down dont claim UC but wot get paid any ESA/premiums through till MR so a loss of approx £190 a week
    If you're found fit for work your ESA will stop, including the SDP because it's paid as part of the ESA claim.

If the MR decision remains the same and most do, If you don't claim UC you'll be able to go back onto assessment rate for ESA while you wait for the Tribunal hearing but fit notes from your GP will be needed. If you need the ESA to be back dated to when it stopped then your fit notes will need to be back dated to this date. SDP is payable on assessment rate.

If you claim UC you wont be able to go back onto ESA, ever. This will mean you will lose the SDP forever too.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ok thank you
  • poppy12345
    Options
    There's a 5 week wait for a first UC payment. In this time you'll hopefully have the MR decision back. If the decision hasn't changed, once the Tribunal accept your appeal, it's back onto assessment rate for ESA

Not really a great deal longer wait than what you would be waiting for with UC first payment.

My advice, cross this bridge when/if you come to it as you haven't yet been found fit for work.
  • System
    Options
    yes you are right im looking to far ahead and yes its a min 5 week wait for UC and didnt think like that so worth waiting for MR and having a few lean weeks and staying away from UC,lol

thanks for explaining,im sure i will be back
  • poppy12345
    Options
    You maybe surprised. I very recently got re-assessed for ESA myself. Got called for a face to face assessment and i really thought i'd be found fit for work this time because the evidence i had was from 2014.

I have a lot of health conditions and my mobility isn't good, this is the reason i've been in the Support Group for the last 6 years.Went to my assessment and the HCP was so nice, very friendly and even helped me up from my chair and let me hold her arm while i struggled to walk the short distance to meet my daughter who was waiting for me.

Had a copy of my assessment report and recommendation is LCWRA.. in other words to remain in the Support Group for mobilising. No decision yet but it's very rare for them to go against the report. I'm not worrying anymore.
  • System
    Options
    thats good to hear poppy

i got mine last two times on the section 35 thingy (discriptor i think lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income