BE SIMON COWELL!! : Earn cash from rating new music

Options

Comments

• kammyk
    kammyk Posts: 180 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya,

I have just registered and starting my reviewing, just not quite sure what to write. Do we advice the band on what you hate etc?

How much do we write? a couple of words or full sentences?

Thanks
  • kammyk
    Options
    Can you edit reviews?

I have just accidentally given 0/10 when it should have been 10/10.
  • misspixierocktastic
    Options
    kammyk you cant edit once its gone

regarding what you write
    Write what you feel, was the melody good, dod the vocals fill you with joy
    Did the song make you want to cry or cover your ears because of all the screaming
    You write what you feel but its always best to be constructive even if the track was rubbish
  • kammyk
    Options
    kammyk you cant edit once its gone

regarding what you write
    Write what you feel, was the melody good, dod the vocals fill you with joy
    Did the song make you want to cry or cover your ears because of all the screaming
    You write what you feel but its always best to be constructive even if the track was rubbish

I guess that will affect my scout rating!

How long is it before you get a higher rating as a scout? Is it based on quality of your reviews, quantity or a bit of both?
  • misspixierocktastic
    Options
    its a mixture of a number of things
    the cores you give, what you say, how much you say etc
  • NotAnExpert_3
    Options
    Kammyk, I did the same thing. I gave a 0/10 by accident, which is really annoying. But it hasn't affected my accuracy a lot - yet.
  • Marishka
    Marishka Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    I've just reviewed a band from Antarctica and was going to say that was so cool then I realised what I was saying but can't think of anything better! One of the wonderful things about the www is that some people freezing to death in a hut near the South Pole can still have a functioning band. Wonder if they gig much...

brokenkites, btw, sort of new age synth pop which I happen to like but not to everyone's taste I know.
    Speaking of which - hurrah! no rap! I actually like being forced to listen to some stuff I would normally skip but when it comes to rap/hiphop etc, I really don't like it and what's more I don't "get" it so I don't feel qualified to comment and I think it's a bit unfair on the artists (using the term loosely!) for them to be rated by me!
    a wombling we will go...
  • Marishka
    Marishka Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    ooh, 2 stars already and only 32 reviews! This is remarkably rewarding! Again, I think the key is that I always try to say how something could be improved rather than that it is rubbish. I've also been lucky in that there are 4 or 5 things I actually like!
    a wombling we will go...
  • Tyranny
    Tyranny Posts: 105 Forumite
    Options
    Just wanted to say thanks for this! I joined up last night and i've done 61 reviews and i'm on 2 stars. It's great fun and a good way to earn some extra cash!
  • cluuuuur
    cluuuuur Posts: 188 Forumite
    Options
    Joined up to this today, hoping to do it as a supplement to work (an hour or so a night) and then some more whilst on maternity leave come April.

Thanks for this!
    "outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. inside of a dog, it's too dark to read" - Groucho Marx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure