Universal credit/entitledto.com

Options
2»

Comments

• Scaredforthefuture
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    When managed migration takes place there will be a transitional protection in place so we aren't any worse off when we do eventually move across to UC.

Managed migration isn't due to start until late 2019. Much later than that for a lot of people. Unless you have a change of circumstances that will prompt a move to UC in the meantime then you have nothing at all to worry about.

I know you said not to worry but it's just been announced the UC will be rolled out on the 28th. Is this for new claimants or does managed migration also satr then?

Living with a partner that works when you're claiming Income related ESA is totally different. As Income related ESA is a means tested benefit then your partner is meant to support you. PIP of course isn't means tested and won't be affected.
    I know you said not to worry but it's just been announced the UC will be rolled out on the 28th. Is this for new claimants or does managed migration also satr then?
    If tha' brexit, tha' pays for it.
  • K80_Black
    Options

That's just for new claimants. My area is already full UC, and I still receive ESA.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,075 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    My advice in previous comments is still exactly the same.... managed migration doesn't start until 2019 but possibly much later than that for a lot of people.
  • Scaredforthefuture
    Options
    My advice in previous comments is still exactly the same.... managed migration doesn't start until 2019 but possibly much later than that for a lot of people.
    You also said in the other post that Uc wasn't going to start until 2019 - and not to worry.
  • poppy12345
    Options
    You also said in the other post that Uc wasn't going to start until 2019 - and not to worry.
    What i said was managed migration doesn't start until 2019. Just because your area is now a full UC area this does NOT mean you'll have to move across now. Like i said my advice hasn't changed...you have nothing to worry about right now.

My area has been a full UC area since May 2018 and i still claim ESA, in fact i've just had another assessment.
  • Scaredforthefuture
    Options
    What i said was managed migration doesn't start until 2019. Just because your area is now a full UC area this does NOT mean you'll have to move across now. Like i said my advice hasn't changed...you have nothing to worry about right now.

My area has been a full UC area since May 2018 and i still claim ESA, in fact i've just had another assessment.
    Where do you get your information from that makes you so sure - I looked on the govt website and it stated that uc wouldn't be rolled here in til feb 2019 - I know I struggle to keep up but that's not the same as nov 2018
  • tomtom256
    tomtom256 Posts: 2,221 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    UC should have been rolled out to all areas for NEW claims. any existing claims to legacy benefits i.e. ESA, JSA, ISA, CTC. WTC and HB will stay where they are until a relevant change happens that forces them to claim UC.

Managed migration was due to start in 2019, but this has/is in the process of being put back until around 2022 for most people as per recent news articles on the matter.

As such unless you have a change or need to claim a new benefit, you should stay as you are until such time the you are called to action as part of the managed migration process.
  • poppy12345
    Options
    Where do you get your information from that makes you so sure - I looked on the govt website and it stated that uc wouldn't be rolled here in til feb 2019 - I know I struggle to keep up but that's not the same as nov 2018
    Google is a great thing.
    https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guides/UC-timetable/Universal-Credit-UC-roll-out-2018#guide-content

Your area may not be a full UC area yet, although it does state in the link above that all areas would be a full UC area by Dec 2018.

Just because my area is a full UC area, that doesn't mean your is. You have no idea what part of the country i live, as i don't know where you live either. I was simply using myself as an example.
  • Scaredforthefuture
    Options
    Google is a great thing.
    https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guides/UC-timetable/Universal-Credit-UC-roll-out-2018#guide-content

Your area may not be a full UC area yet, although it does state in the link above that all areas would be a full UC area by Dec 2018.

Just because my area is a full UC area, that doesn't mean your is. You have no idea what part of the country i live, as i don't know where you live either. I was simply using myself as an example.
    Yes Google is a great thing - but it's also full of conflicting information and not always easy to use.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport