Roundabout accident - Court Proceedings

Options
2»

Comments

• Zs1601
    Options
    https: //m.imgur. com/a/qIZCp

Link to an image of roundabout just before point of collision and exit. Link has spaces so remove them.
  • stator
    stator Posts: 7,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Find it on google maps and post the https with a few spaces.
    Probably best not to.
    If you do this thread will turn into a massive flame war about who was in the wrong, how you should behave at roundabouts etc etc

That's not what the OP is asking about.
    Changing the world, one sarcastic comment at a time.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    https://m.imgur.com/a/qIZCp

So Marston Green, just after the B4438 turn off

https://www.google.com/maps/@52.4646859,-1.7106332,3a,75y,283.75h,68.91t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1scbq3MS6kkGN_1ZydcBvj1w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Motorbike in lane one (straight ahead only as per road marking and sign) and you in lane 2 (straight ahead or right). Motorbike decides not to go on Solihull Parkway but tries to stay on roundabout and collides with OP who is taking the Solihull Parkway exit in lane 2 as required. Lane markings and signs make it a cut and dried case that the motorbike was in the wrong and caused the accident by hitting the OP who was proceeding correctly.

What the courts will decide is different but the road layout says they're in the wrong unless the bike was trying to move into lane 2 before the junction and they came together but the signs further back give you plenty of warning and the motorbike would only need to go about 500m down the road to a roundabout to loop back and go the way they wanted.

Good luck OP as the way you have described it he was in the wrong
  • Zs1601
    Options
    ^ Yes I raised that thread there but thought I’d get some advice on here too more specifically from an insurance/legal point of view.
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,590 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 18 November 2018 at 3:05PM
    Options
    OP are you allowed to discus an open court case??? A random roundabout would have suffice, now we have the exact round about and the case details.

If the other party finds this will you be in trouble? probably best to check with your solicitor
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • Zs1601
    Options
    Not sure tbh. I haven’t disclosed any names or companies involved.
    Plus anything said on this thread would have no bearing on the case. My solicitor and insurer are under my instruction and I would seek proper independent legal advice if I needed to make a decision that could influence proceedings.
  • Zs1601
    Options
    Also what difference is there from discussing it on here as opposed to discussing with friends, family, colleagues etc. ?
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    csgohan4 wrote: »
    OP are you allowed to discus an open court case??? A random roundabout would have suffice, now we have the exact round about and the case details.

If the other party finds this will you be in trouble? probably best to check with your solicitor

It's not a criminal trial where a jury might be influenced, it's a civil case of liability between insurers on behalf of their client.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure