Giving feedback for service.

Options
2»

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    From my pov the feedback is used to either improve things (maybe retraining) or congratulate a member of staff if they are mentioned.
  • Greta_Sharbo
    Options
    Genuinely true story despite how ludicrous it sounds.

Many years ago I dealt with a client while I was a call centre advisor for a large organisation. A routine enquiry which I dealt with politely and efficiently as I always would.

The caller asked to speak to my team manager afterwards to praise my handling of the call. I told them there was no need - I was just doing my job. They insisted. I try to find my team manager who isn't available - I suggest to them if they really want to speak to them I can arrange a callback but again, there really is no need. They insisted on waiting. I explain I have other calls to deal with and I can't allow them to tie up my phone line but again offer a callback.

They then tell me that they wish to make a complaint because I refused to allow them to speak to a manager.

My end of quarter feedback then had a complaint against me added to it but there was no positive marker for the praise because it was deemed I hadn't done anything special for the client (which was true because it was such a routine enquiry).

The joys of ridiculous feedback systems.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure