Sipp Platform provider

Options

Comments

• Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,665 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    To be fair, HSBC is 0.20% (0.18% OCF plus 0.02% Transaction costs) and VLS is 0.33% (0.22% OCF and 0.11% TC).

I really don't trust the fund managers to consistently apply the transaction cost measurement techniques and wonder if Vanguard are being penalised for being a bit more honest?

Alex
  • Yanling
    Yanling Posts: 124 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Alexland wrote: »
    Here are the links to the similar Blackrock Consensus and HSBC Global Strategy mixed asset fund series which you should be able to get in a Cavendish SIPP.

https://www.blackrock.com/uk/intermediaries/literature/brochure/blackrock-consensus-funds-brochure.pdf

https://www.assetmanagement.hsbc.co.uk/en/intermediary/investment-expertise/multi-asset/hsbc-global-strategy-portfolios

Alex
    Hi, cavendish does not offer drawdown?
  • Yanling
    Options
    BLB53 wrote: »
    I have been with AJ Bell for over a decade and would recommend but they do charge £1.50 per transaction for funds...ideally you you want a platform with no transaction charges such as HL but they charge a hefty 0.45% platform fee so you need to compare.

Here's an article on DIY Investor which should help?
    http://diyinvestoruk.blogspot.com/2016/08/selecting-your-diy-pension-platform.html

VLS or HSBC Global Strategy are both a good all round choice for starters.
    I am 55 now, and AJ Bell charge for drawdown, may it is not right for me?
  • Alexland
    Options
    Yanling wrote: »
    Hi, cavendish does not offer drawdown?

As I said in post 4 that doesn't matter if you do not intend to draw the money for 10 to 12 years you can always transfer the pension to a different platform with no exit fee.

So why not go with a low cost choice now for your accumulation phase and then reassess the market later, when platform choices and fee policies will have changed, as you approach drawdown?

Alex
  • Yanling
    Options
    As I said in post 4 that doesn't matter if you do not intend to draw the money for 10 to 12 years you can always transfer the pension to a different platform with no exit fee.

So why not go with a low cost choice now for your accumulation phase and then reassess the market later, when platform choices and fee policies will have changed, as you approach drawdown?

Alex
    Good morning, it is good idea, but I am worried about that cavendish will charge for exit and transfer fee. Do they charge them? sorry I should find out myself but just too many readings and my brain is not working greatly.
  • TBC15
    TBC15 Posts: 1,453 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    A stokehold is a compartment in a steamship in which the boilers and furnace are housed which is unlikely to give you a pleasant retirement.

Alex

To be fair you should never be cold in winter, which is a consideration in retirement.:)
  • Linton
    Linton Posts: 17,206 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Good morning, it is good idea, but I am worried about that cavendish will charge for exit and transfer fee. Do they charge them? sorry I should find out myself but just too many readings and my brain is not working greatly.

You are talking about what may or may not happen in 10 years time. There is a reasonable chance that many of the current platforms will have closed down or merged by then or if they do still exist they may well operate a different business model with different services, charging structures and charges. So there is no point in worrying about future charges now, just choose the platform that meets your current needs.
  • Yanling
    Options
    TBC15 wrote: »
    To be fair you should never be cold in winter, which is a consideration in retirement.:)
    Hi, am I able to apply one sipp and one stakehold pension? with the payments money together not over my annual earning(including the tax benefit)
  • TBC15
    TBC15 Posts: 1,453 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi, am I able to apply one sipp and one stakehold pension? with the payments money together not over my annual earning(including the tax benefit)

Sorry my comment was meant as a witty quip, not a sensible contribution.:):):)
  • Alexland
    Options
    Hi, am I able to apply one sipp and one stakehold pension?

It is allowed but the main benefit of a stakeholder is that it is simpler than a SIPP so making personal contributions into both types is pointless.

Alex
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport