Compers Challenge 2019

Options

Comments

• Ms_Dee
    Ms_Dee Posts: 7,876 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    What are you all doing when you get to 1000? Stopping counting (but still entering)? (Or stop entering as well, for some you don’t do regularly like the c2w?) Or continuing to count all year regardless?

I'm just going to stop counting but continue entering. Although I will stop entering Click to wins as I don't usually enter them.
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.
  • lucinad
    lucinad Posts: 5,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    What are you all doing when you get to 1000? Stopping counting (but still entering)? (Or stop entering as well, for some you don’t do regularly like the c2w?) Or continuing to count all year regardless?
    i will probably just stop counting but carry on entering, only because it takes extra effort and time to count them

i also dont do the extra entries each day on raffle/gleams so i only count them once
    Compers challenge 2024 wins!!!!....
  • 2013yearofthehouse
    Options
    Ms_Dee wrote: »
    I'm just going to stop counting but continue entering. Although I will stop entering Click to wins as I don't usually enter them.
    lucinad wrote: »
    i will probably just stop counting but carry on entering, only because it takes extra effort and time to count them

i also dont do the extra entries each day on raffle/gleams so i only count them once

Great, that’s what I was thinking :) Will stop counting, but continuing entering at usual rate (with the exception of the c2w which I will stop entering at 1000).

Just for my own interest......To give me something to count for longer on the mag dailies I’ve changed to counting comps instead of entries, but will still be entering daily :)
  • Marg2k8
    Marg2k8 Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm still entering, but stopping counting. I don't usually count how many competitions I enter and find it a chore.
  • mansey
    mansey Posts: 4,584 Forumite
    Options
    I will stop counting once I hit 1000 on any of the different types of comps. ;)

Folks were shocked at 9 x 1000 comps, now you are whinging they are too easy and you've got them done already :p

Some of them will last months (probably never be completed) for me :eek:

So 9 x 10,000 next year folks? :rotfl:
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.” - Billy Joel
    C2W........718/1000......FB...........526/1000
    IG...........667/1000......MD..........652/1000
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
  • Marg2k8
    Options
    mansey wrote: »

So 9 x 10,000 next year folks? :rotfl:

If you don't want me to join next year's challenge, just let me know - you don't have to design challenges just to alienate me :rotfl::rotfl:
  • mansey
    mansey Posts: 4,584 Forumite
    Options
    Marg2k8 wrote: »
    If you don't want me to join next year's challenge, just let me know - you don't have to design challenges just to alienate me :rotfl::rotfl:

I reckon the nutters would still join (They would miss the craic) :rotfl:
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.” - Billy Joel
    C2W........718/1000......FB...........526/1000
    IG...........667/1000......MD..........652/1000
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
  • Moneybot
    Moneybot Posts: 10,465 Forumite
    Options
    lucinad wrote: »
    ok glad to clear that up.....i was doing that anyway, just making sure everyone else is!!! i like to ask the questions other are thinking about! lol (you know someone is sitting there now thinking .... "ha ha ha i got an extra 15 facebook and twitter entries")

Hang on Lucinda making sure she is doing it properly and not cheating?

Ok who are you and what have you done with the real Lucinda?
    Rational judgement, now, at this very moment.

Virtuous action, now, at this very moment.
    (Wisdom, Courage, Self-control, Justice)

Willing acceptance - now, at this very moment - of what you can’t change
  • aspella
    aspella Posts: 988 Forumite
    edited 12 January 2019 at 3:59PM
    Options
    Marg2k8 wrote: »
    Out of curiousity, have you ever won from simply media?
    I've won twice from Simply Media but I didn't win anything from them last year.
    Moneybot wrote: »
    Did anybody who did loads of the c2w win much last year?
    No. I won 9 times from the C2W last year but apart from one they were all worth less than £10. In the past I've had at least one decent prize per year i.e. TV, vouchers. They have become too popular with the techies as far as I'm concerned who are able to do 1000s of entries in minutes and thus its not a level playing field and I can't compete fairly unless the prize is only on a handful of sites so thus not worth the effort.
    I’m counting Gleam/RC just as themselves. I haven’t been counting extra daily entries on them though. What are you all doing when you get to 1000?

Magazine, gleam and RC I've split into two categories daily and once. The way things are going the daily will be done in months but the once will take the whole year. Once I've reached a 1000 if I've not had a win then I'll stop entering the GL/RC on a daily basis because like the C2Ws I feel I'm at a disadvantage when it comes to GL/RC as I don't do social media so I usually only have 1 or 2 entry methods out of a possible 10. I just keep telling myself it only takes one entry to win. Its hard to keep entering using a certain method when you don't win.

The way things are going so far it looks like its going to be a repeat of last year - a load of DVDs and wins from the MD and email.
  • Marg2k8
    Options
    Pity there is not a challenge to click on 1000 pages of Topcashback looking for the damned hummingbird. I would have smashed that one this week.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure