Compers Challenge 2019

Options

Comments

• GPark
    GPark Posts: 1,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Looking at the 1,000 challenges, and I think a couple of them are going to be fairly difficult to do, so can we share any hints/tips we have please?

Here's mine, for those who don't normally do email comps -

Look out for these comps posted weekly by pa2539, they don't state email in the title, but they are for The Sun, and there are normally 4 comps per week - 1 of these finished yesterday, but these finish today.

E: 04/01 win £50

E: 04/01 win £100

E: 04/01 win £50

Also, the World Book Day ones are normally monthly, but there's generally 15-20 per month, so a good way to bump up your numbers if your short, and they are really quick and easy to enter - the email link is usually in the post, and you simply have to copy the subject name in and send your details, so if you have a signature set up, they only take a few seconds to enter :)

E: 18/01 5PM Win One Of Three Copies Of Our Castle By The Sea (Email)

Anyone got an tips for entering Instagram comps? just in case I ever get brave enough to try :)
  • mansey
    mansey Posts: 4,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I entered The Sun cash email ones last night after doing a search for emails comps.

I noticed there were quite a few book ones too, which I didn't enter as I don't do books (I use a Kindle) but thinking now I may do half a dozen of those too and if I were to win I could donate them to the local Charity Shop, also it would be useful for our Charity Group Challenge. I don't normally enter comps for things myself or my family wouldn't use.

I think the Instagram are very similar to Twitter comps you say a few words and tag a friend, quite a few of us on the Challenge are on Instagram so you should get a few names to tag ;)

I don't know if you only comp from MSE, but I know quite a few of us use Competition Database, too that forum is much easier to do a certain block of comps at a time rather than going back and forth between comps :D
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.” - Billy Joel
    C2W........718/1000......FB...........526/1000
    IG...........667/1000......MD..........652/1000
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
  • GPark
    GPark Posts: 1,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mansey wrote: »
    I entered The Sun cash email ones last night after doing a search for emails comps.

I noticed there were quite a few book ones too, which I didn't enter as I don't do books (I use a Kindle) but thinking now I may do half a dozen of those too and if I were to win I could donate them to the local Charity Shop, also it would be useful for our Charity Group Challenge. I don't normally enter comps for things myself or my family wouldn't use.

I think the Instagram are very similar to Twitter comps you say a few words and tag a friend, quite a few of us on the Challenge are on Instagram so you should get a few names to tag ;)

I don't know if you only comp from MSE, but I know quite a few of us use Competition Database, too that forum is much easier to do a certain block of comps at a time rather than going back and forth between comps :D

I've had quite a few wins from the book comps :) Handy for me because I have 3 kids of various ages, so its always suitable for at least 1 :)

I generally only enter for things I'd like for the family, unless its something I can donate to fundraisers for either my sons football team, or my beaver group - does that count as a charity donation? Scouts are a charity aren't they?

I have an instagram account but haven't used it much yet, I'm going to try and figure it out soon though.

So far, I'm only using MSE, because I'm worried about duping myself, but your the second person to mention that site recently to me, so might have a look, thanks :)
  • aspella
    aspella Posts: 988 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 January 2019 at 10:55PM
    Options
    Congrats mmm wine & lucinad on your wins.

I received a prize in the post today so I've crossed off challenge 45 - prize beginning with the letter Y. :)

Comps done today:
    Daily: 24 (shopological down)
    MD: 152
    RC: 0
    Gleam: 5
    Simply Media C2W: 171
    Bauer Media C2W: 66
    Email: 4
  • mansey
    Options
    aspella wrote: »

I received a prize in the post today so I've crossed off challenge 45 - prize beginning with the letter Y. :)

Comps done today:
    MD: 148
    Gleam: 1

What did you win beginning with Y ? :T
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
  • Marg2k8
    Marg2k8 Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Options
    aspella wrote: »

Comps done today:
    MD: 148
    Gleam: 1

Congrats on your win. Why are you counting daily comps like Shopological separately? I didn't realise there was a daily entry tally, other than mag daily, c2w, gleam and R/C. I've been counting the likes of Shopological as web competition. Am I missing something?
  • stefalfie11
    Options
    Happy new year all! :D:D:D:D

I'm a bit late to the party because I've been trying to get myself sorted as I started a new job on the 2nd. But looking forward to getting up a running with this challenge and seeing it through because last years ran away with me a bit and I never updated it :eek:

Thanks for the tip about the thing counter Becky004, I've just downloaded it too and it's so much easier than a pen and paper.

Congratulations on all of your advent/december/january wins everyone :beer: hope we all have a successful year to come :D
  • Moneybot
    Moneybot Posts: 10,481 Forumite
    Options
    Right I have actually posted some competitions so what was the rule about how many i can claim? This one isn't one a day is it?

The newt says it's ok but I did bribe her with new nail polish so not sure if it counts.
    Rational judgement, now, at this very moment.

Virtuous action, now, at this very moment.
    (Wisdom, Courage, Self-control, Justice)

Willing acceptance - now, at this very moment - of what you can’t change
  • Marg2k8
    Marg2k8 Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Options
    Moneybot wrote: »
    Right I have actually posted some competitions so what was the rule about how many i can claim? This one isn't one a day is it?

The newt says it's ok but I did bribe her with new nail polish so not sure if it counts.

It was decided that the challenge is to post 12 competitions in total and there is nothing specified that you can only post one per day, so however many you have posted today, you can cross off.
  • mansey
    Options
    Challenge number 8 is to post 12 competitons in a year, you can either post one a month or 12 in one day either way it doesn't matter once you have posted 12 comps you can claim challenge number 8

Just put a link in to each comp you have posted once it's full it's done :D
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing