IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ParkDirect UK PCN

Hi,

First time poster here. Was hoping somebody might be able to answer this query regarding a PCN I received from ParkDirect UK Ltd.

I was parked at a property that they control. I was there for a business visit.

Basically, they have put the wrong post code down on the PCN. The street name is correct though. They have put the post code for the next street along. Is this enough of a mistake to get them to cancel the PCN?

Any help you can provide, would be greatly appreciated.

And thank you in advance for any help you are able to give.

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 November 2018 at 11:57AM
    Its a waste of time going with that. Facts mean very little in PPC-land.

Get stuck-in to the Newbies Sticky at the top of this forum to get yourself properly informed and to see what does work for seeing them-off.

And if you were there on business, the very first thing I'd suggest you do is have strong words with the business concerned to see if you can get them to have it cancelled on your behalf, Do this as soon as practically possible after reading the Sticky and preferably before submitting anything to the PPC.
  • Hi Pogofish

Thank you for getting back to me on this issue.

I had a bad feeling somebody was going to say that! Was hoping the PCN would get cancelled on this technicality.

I'll have a look through the Newbies Sticky, as you have suggested and see if there's anything there that can help out.

Thank you again for taking the time to reply to my post. Really appreciate it.

Thanks
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    When studying the FAQ bear in mind you are dealing with an IPC company

You will see the futility of appeals to IPC companies

So after sending the initial appeal you go into ignore mode

Ignore everything except a lbcca or Court correspondence

They have 6 years to start legal proceedings against you

If it comes to this then come back at that time for advice on how to defend this
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure