Are National Express drivers trained to stay in the middle lane?

Options
1235»

Comments

• sevenhills
    sevenhills Posts: 5,889 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Tarambor wrote: »

The speed limit for goods vehicles OVER 7.5t was and still is 60MPH.

Our own Government do make rules too, although they are so incompetent, it probably never happened.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    sevenhills wrote: »
    Our own Government do make rules too, although they are so incompetent, it probably never happened.
    UK speed limits are 100% decided by the UK government, nobody else. Never have been.

It was the UK government's decision alone to raise the 7.5t+ single carriageway limit from 40 to 50mph in 2015. In fact, that limit change didn't even apply to Scotland, because Scottish legislation is separate to that of England and Wales.
  • Tilt
    Tilt Posts: 3,599 Forumite
    Options
    I'm a coach/bus driver.

I have seen NE coaches using all 3 lanes on a 3 lane motorway, including the outside (or lane 3) on some occasions. But I wouldn't agree that they are known for hogging the middle lane.

Also, I have had them regularly overtake me while i've been doing 62mph (or 100kph which is what PCVs are limited to, despite being able to legally do 70mph on motorways).

Odd, isn't it?
    PLEASE NOTE
    My advice should be used as guidance only. You should always obtain face to face professional advice before taking any action.
  • skipness
    Options
    It is a common misapprehension that National Express own coaches and employ drivers.
    The services are operated and crewed by separate operators under contract to Natex. Look at the legal lettering on the near side, usually just to the rear of the front wheels, usually, to discover the owner of the coach.
  • skipness
    Options
    It is a common misapprehension that National Express own coaches and employ drivers.
    The services are operated and crewed by separate operators under contract to Natex. Look at the legal lettering on the near side, usually just to the rear of the front wheels, usually, to discover the owner of the coach.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    If you get close enough to coaches can a passenger in your car use the free wi fi from the coach?
  • Iceweasel
    Iceweasel Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tilt wrote: »
    I'm a coach/bus driver.

I have seen NE coaches using all 3 lanes on a 3 lane motorway, including the outside (or lane 3) on some occasions. But I wouldn't agree that they are known for hogging the middle lane.

Also, I have had them regularly overtake me while i've been doing 62mph (or 100kph which is what PCVs are limited to, despite being able to legally do 70mph on motorways).

Odd, isn't it?

I thought the speed limiter on coaches over 12m was 60mph/96kph - same as their legal max speed.

Or at least that's what it says here:

https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits
  • mark1959
    mark1959 Posts: 553 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    waamo wrote: »
    If you get close enough to coaches can a passenger in your car use the free wi fi from the coach?
    Of course. And also the driver. :)
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    mark1959 wrote: »
    Of course. And also the driver. :)

Not sure I can browse and text at the same time.
  • Tilt
    Tilt Posts: 3,599 Forumite
    Options
    Iceweasel wrote: »
    I thought the speed limiter on coaches over 12m was 60mph/96kph - same as their legal max speed.

Or at least that's what it says here:

https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits

Yes but most NX coaches are not over 12m.
    PLEASE NOTE
    My advice should be used as guidance only. You should always obtain face to face professional advice before taking any action.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure