IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Received LBCCC after believing charge had been cancelled

Options
124»

Comments

• zigger
    Options
    Since my last post I have been in contact with the hotel again and, after re-stating the fact that the hotel was at fault initially and I would need to name them as co-defendants if my case went to court, my complaint was forwarded to another manager at the hotel.

This manager seemed quite confident that they would get the charge cancelled and we received an email from the manager informing us that ParkingEye are arranging for the charge to be cancelled, but to wait 14 days to allow this to be processed. Success, we thought.

However, 24 hours later we received another email from the same manager stating that ParkingEye were unable to cancel the charge due to the fact that we had escalated our appeal through POPLA. This does not make any sense to us.

In addition, the manager has asked me to forward the POPLA appeal response to him 'as we will need to assist you with using this route'. Not sure what he means by that as I was led to believe that a POPLA appeal is a once only option and to re-appeal was not an option.

I have not replied to the manager's latest email yet as I wanted to see what the best advice is in this situation. Thank you.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 November 2018 at 11:12AM
    Options
    However, 24 hours later we received another email from the same manager stating that ParkingEye were unable to cancel the charge due to the fact that we had escalated our appeal through POPLA. This does not make any sense to us.

Parking Eye have lied. We have seen this before with another hotel and we understand the matter was settled by the hotel paying the one eyed snake.

Parking Eye can cancel right up to the minute they walk in to see a judge ..... It's Parking Eye rubbish

Tell the manager that they lied to him and it seems on course to go to court to which the hotel will be called

It's about time that the hotel wakes up because using these companies will lose them business

Time to get tough zigger
  • zigger
    Options
    Finally, a result.

After several email exchanges between the hotel and myself, I informed them that, in the event of court proceedings, I would be naming the hotel as co-defendants.

I, also, added the suggestion that, as the hotel had made the initial error they may consider paying the charge as a gesture of goodwill.

They have now paid the charge on our behalf. I would imagine they realised they would not be seen in a good light and wanted it to go away.

We are, obviously, happy that it has been settled but just a little miffed that the parking firm still got their cash.

Thank you, all, for your previous advice.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,136 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I agree but the good thing is, it will leave the Hotel Manager miffed, and when it comes to renewing the contract or not, it will help him come to the right conclusion.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • MistyZ
    MistyZ Posts: 1,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank goodness for that result! I read through this with baited breath!

I had a PCN cancelled by the landowner, yet Britannia subsequently sent a reminder. I emailed the landowner complaining angrily and emailed Britannia too. I then received a rather 'charming' response from Britannia confirming that they had cancelled the thing, I might frame it. I reckon all landowner complaints should include a firm request that they instruct the Parking Company to acknowledge the cancellation to the Keeper forthwith.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure