Hotel Turndown Service

I was ecstatic to learn that I've earned Turndown Service as part of a hotel group loyalty scheme.

Anyone know what it is, pls? :think:

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Isn't that where housekeeping come into the room when you are out and set your bed/other aspects of the room exactly how you like it?

ie "Turndown" the sheets, have a drink waiting etc.
  • Housekeeping will come to your room, unfold the bed, close curtains etc. Some places may offer a bowl of fruit etc...

Very awkward when you're having a shower and they walk in lol
  • Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I used to get it a lot in Ramadas - Bed turned down and some chocolate. Problem is for me it feels like an invasion of my space. Not something I'd aspire to as a perk.
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    They should do a mini service of the room. Empty the bins. Provide clean towels if you need them. Remove and put away the bed spread. Draw the curtains. Maybe leave a chocolate on your pillow.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Watch out for the chocolate on the pillow thing. If your not expecting it you can wake up with a mucky pillow and a hair full of a midnight snack.
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,595 Forumite
    No I don't think it's a perk either, especially when they remove your chilled water from the fridge and put it on the bedside table
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,595 Forumite
    Nick_C wrote: »
    They should do a mini service of the room. Empty the bins. Provide clean towels if you need them. Remove and put away the bed spread. Draw the curtains. Maybe leave a chocolate on your pillow.

The bedspread is the first thing I remove when I get to a hotel room. Eeeeek I bet they're not laundered between guests.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • coffeehound
    coffeehound Posts: 5,658 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Ah thanks. No that doesn't sound too attractive. Think the DND sign will be getting extra duty.
    The bedspread is the first thing I remove when I get to a hotel room. Eeeeek I bet they're not laundered between guests.

Yes and why do they put the clean towels on it? Honestly.. :doh:
  • Paul_DNAP
    Paul_DNAP Posts: 751 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Rampant Recycler
    Ahh, if I had a pound for every time someone has ever turned down my bed.
    (Although I could be wrong, I often am.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure