PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Wednesday 31st October 2018

nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 31 October 2018 at 7:57AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Wednesday 31st October 2018

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Now light, damp underfoot - cold and frosty start to the day too.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will see if he wants to run this morning or just wants a lift to the gym.

Dinner last night was ham, egg, chips/jacket potato and veg. Not sure about tonight although I have a fresh chicken in the fridge, I'll possibly joint that and cook it when I get home, there's some LO's from Sundays roast too, I'll just add what extra bits we need.

Work yesterday wasn't too bad, but they've decreased the staff numbers and therefore we're struggling with only 1 person having to see everyone - hard going on that person and the customers, I think we'll be having discussions fairly shortly about the way forward, my colleagues are all saying how it's not sustainable for staff to work long term in these conditions.

I'm working all day today but then on days' off and I shouldn't be back to work until Monday - that's as long as I don't get asked to work Saturday - we'll see.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x

Just to add dumpling - you really need to get medical advice re your legs, don't sit in pain or worse leave it and it could get infected, ask for a home visit x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning All

Thanks for the start nmlc.

Hope you contacted the Dr or Nurse Dumpling!
    How exciting Speky, everything seems to be falling into place for you.
    Hugs to you TA, it's a long slog but you have the support of your wonderful family, well done to them on raising so much money.
    Enjoy your break MM.
    Sounds like you're having a great time Nelski, thanks for the update on Holly, send her my love.

I haven't managed to post for the past few days, life seems to have got in the way and the sleep fairy seems to have left since the clocks changed!

I managed to paint the rest of the garden fence on Sunday but I had a huge fight with the paint sprayer, that ended up in the bin and I used my trusty roller, another coat needed on parts but that may have to wait until next year now.

Lovely meal on Monday night with DD, BF and his Mum (first time I had met her), DD made a katsu curry which was delicious and the chat was good. They have worked wonders with their house and it's looking great.

Washing nearly up to date, just a white wash to go on when I get home tonight. The house is reasonably tidy but DDs bed is covered in Christmas presents, really must get some paper and get that wrapped and sorted to see what I need to get.

Hope you all have a happy Wednesday, take care. XX
  • Bozwood
    Bozwood Posts: 216 Forumite
    Hello I would like to post on the daily thread I am married with 2 girls one at home and one who has left home I work part time in a school and I am very busy doing that and looking after my family. Tonight we are decorating the house for Halloween my husband loves to go all out
    The washing is up to date and we are not sure what we are having to eat for tea
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all,

Cold here again this morning, still coughing like mad but hopefully getting better every day.

Dumpling I am so sorry about your relative xx and please get someone out to look at your legs they sound so sore xx

So I went to cook the long awaited chilli last night and had no mince ! :o I could have sworn that I picked some up at the weekend so much so that I spend five minutes searching for it, we ended up with a pasta dish with a chopped up gammon steak in it, it was very tasty though !!

Pork chop tonight with mash broccoli and asparagus.

I made a lamb stew and dumplings at work yesterday, it looked blooming lovely so I will have to do one next week, also today is roast beef so I shall be wanting that too :o

Holly keep your chin up we are all here waiting for when you are ready to return xx

TA hugs my lovely xx

Have good days all xx
  • Morning all, and thanks NMLC for starting. Seems to be fine outside - yesterday was a nasty raw day, suppose we can't expect too much now, end of October.

Welcome Bozwood, hope you'll keep posting, I like to read about everyone's days.

Yesterday we picked up Dgd from school , as her little brother is still not well, it saved DD from bringing him out in the cold. I'm going to take her to school this morning. I think the baby is picking up bit now, he's had his first cold at the age of 7 months.

We are meeting Ds and family later at a super duper garden centre we've heard about, it's supposed to be really nice, we'll have lunch there and a look at their Christmas stuff.

That's it really.

Dumpling, hope you have seen/are seeing a doctor about your legs.

TA, glad to see you posting.

Hope Poppy and -Taff are all right.

Take care folks.
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,584 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Dumpling, I know how difficult it is to get hold of a Dr, they all seem to be so busy now, I hope you succeed this morning.

Speky, well done on securing the flat - exciting times. How is your gran?

We spoke to Chris again last night and he sounded a tad brighter which was a relief. Steve wasn't very well yesterday and I'm sure it was the stress of worrying about Chris affecting him physically. After Steve's diagnosis I had a bad flare up of an allergy I have to certain types of plastic, my hands feel as if they are on fire, so I know the body works in mysterious ways.

As a result we didn't make any progress with the loft. We see the consultant this morning but I don't expect we'll have any news, just watch and wait.

Welcome Bozwood.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Morning spookies and happy Halloween :)

Dumpling why don't you ring 111 they will assess what help you need
    Welcome Bozwood ...we are an odd mix here but rub along together really well
    Camelot maybe time to buy a hat when your meeting the mil

Great day in Blackpool yesterday and the Jersey boys were incredible last night. Sag and danced all the way through probably have no voice today. No real plans for today friends are still comatose at the moment so when they wake we can head for brekky then see what we fancy. I think my friend wants to meet up with one of the lads she met when she was 16 and over here. I suspect she will be disappointed looking at his Facebook profile but who am I to stand between true love:rotfl:

Anyway I hate posting on the phone so I will love ya and leave ya have a great day x
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,495 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning all, hospital today, followed by trip to work cancelled from yesterday. Only 9 more days of picc line, can't wait to get it out to play with the nail gun....
    Winter clothes are out [including many many pairs of long stripey socks, woop], summer clothes are almost away. Tidied bike into gargage, put up small shaving mirror in bathroom [ took a lot of time to drill the holes, went back about 5 times to finish each one, and that should tell me how feeble I have become...
    Caved and got a KFC, cooking was not on the cards after the drilling, neither was hunting through freezer, which will be done later today to make a list of what's in there.
    Got sewing tonight, will [hopefully] finish waistband and hem, then will have to find new project. Apparently a blouse is the next thing to make but I'd rather make a dress since I don't wear blouses...
    Feel like some retail therapy but it would only be in B&Q and after the mention of garden centers, they do do a mssive fresh cream scone in Dobbies...so....:)

Congraulations on your new tooth nanny :) your work is beginning to sound like a nightmare nmlc [sounds a lot like my old job...] camelot - fighting with the fence sprayer :) good tht you had a good few days, did you get on allright with the BF mum? morning bozwood . OL, well done on a good nights sleep, it really does make you feel like poo if you haven't had one. Just looked at the youtube video, brilliant! ...Red ruby, all this talk of food is making me hungry...SR, can't beat a good garden center, have fun! snoozer, sounds like you're all a bit stressed, not just Chris, hope today goes well for you. Hope Holly is doing OK, nelski has wrung every ounce of fun from visitors and mushy pea gate, poppy, that you're better with the antibiotics.
    Wednesday explosive hugs and hope it goes well...
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Before I forget welcome to Bozwood, we are a bit nutty at times on here but they are a great support when anyone needs it. As we all do from time to time.

Dumpling, this is a command........RING THE DOCTOR........you need treatment for your legs, do not leave them any longer, you are playing with fire!!

Right, frost last night, bright sun this morning, patio finished, I am amazed how much extra room it has created. The grass did not arrive so it will be laid later.

I have an appointment at the hospital for an xray on my back, so will nip to Aldi at the same time, save me a trip tomorrow. I also need to put fuel in the car for next month.

Towels in the washer, hoping that they dry outside, I had to dry yesterdays washing in the drier, did not do my electric bill much good.

Pork casserole for supper tonight, no idea whats for dessert, I might get a strudel from Aldi.
  • Good morning everyone,

Happy Halloween too!! Living in a block of flats, I don't get kids coming to do my door unfortunately. I like the fun it brings to a lot of kids.

Yesterday after work I had a meeting in my flat with my letting agent. Nice woman and everything seems to be in order. My new tenants will be moving in on the 19th and the transition should be smooth and painless. I won't get keys to my flat till the 19th also, but I start on the 12th, so I think my new work will be putting me up in a hotel for the first week.

I'm working late again tonight and my last late shift here. Doubt it will be emotional or anything like that but I hope it's all plain sailing.

Snoozer , my gran is almost back to full fitness, thank you. I think her confidence has taken a knock and she is thinking of giving up her car which is a huge part of her independence. She's now back in her own house, so it's just about recuperating at her own pace

I doubt I'll be on here tomorrow as I'll be down in London most of the day on business. Hope everyone stays warm and well!

Bozwood - Welcome!!
    Organza - You're making a habit of forgetting to defrost things haha
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    edited 31 October 2018 at 10:49PM
    Morning all and welcome Bozwood

All sounds good Speky, how exciting!

Organza_Lace I'm not not envious of your sleep, who me? I am back in bed to see if I can catch up a bit as I have been up most of the night I did go back to bed but couldn't sleep so I knitted a fairy instead.

Hope everyone has a good or goodish day, with love to the poorlies and worried. Dumpling I'll be back later, hope to see that you are getting treatment.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport