Ebay click and collect appeared on listings when turned off

Options
Just had an item sell and went to order details for postage details and its a click and collect from argos
I do not offer this and in my ebay it has been turned off
Is this a glitch ?
As I've never used this service as most of my items are letter size do I just sent it recorded delivery to the argos address shown its not even giving me an option of printing a label

Comments

• November2
    November2 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Others including myself have had this, go to your site preferences, click opt into click and collect, return to site preferences and opt out of click and collect. It will be then be removed from your listings.

Don't post to Argos! Contact your buyer and tell them you don't offer the service and its an Ebay glitch. Tell them how you will send it, make sure its tracked method. Also offer them the chance to cancel the purchase if sending another method causes them problems with accepting a delivery.
  • ballisticbrian
    Options
    Personally, I would still send the item via Click and Collect even though it was a eBay balls up. It's too much messing the customer around.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    November2 wrote: »
    Others including myself have had this, go to your site preferences, click opt into click and collect, return to site preferences and opt out of click and collect. It will be then be removed from your listings.

Don't post to Argos! Contact your buyer and tell them you don't offer the service and its an Ebay glitch. Tell them how you will send it, make sure its tracked method. Also offer them the chance to cancel the purchase if sending another method causes them problems with accepting a delivery.

I'm not sure I agree with you at all.

Firstly what does tracking help with here? The issues that many of us have are to do with buyers collecting not with eBay receiving items, so seller pays for tracking (assuming this was a large letter and not offered with tracking) so is out of pocket for the additional cost for no real reason. Proof of delivery to Argos does not stop buyer refusing to collect, which means item turns straight back round and is returned to seller, and at the point of delivery back with seller buyer gets an automatic refund.

Refusing to sell can cause a defect on a sellers account, and these are nasty and can lead to restriction or suspension. Potentially the seller could risk a cheeky 'cancelled due to problems with buyer's address' but buyer could raise an objection with eBay and can also leave feedback- so not entirely risk free.

All these glitches should be reported to eBay, but unless eBay will guarantee to protect a seller who cancels due to a glitch (and on one occasion they did put this in writing for me) OP needs to weigh up the chances of a return against a possible defect on their account.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • allison445
    Options
    After a chat with ebay the glitch was fixed item was being sent signed for anyway so I just posted it to the Argos store on the invoice didn't feel it was right to mess the buyer about because ebay was playing up.
    Sorry for the duplicate thread thanks all for the help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure