Hard Search made by Atos

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit File & Ratings
22 replies 3.3K views

Replies

• Update: just signed up for 30 day free trial on Equifax and pinged up a query on the search with them.
  • edited 30 October 2018 at 9:55AM
    moleratmolerat Forumite
    25.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 October 2018 at 9:55AM
    Molerat I'm self employed as a sole trader.
    So a fair chance it has been done by someone you deal with in your business, a supplier or someone you supply a service to.
  • So a fair chance it has been done by someone you deal with in your business, a supplier or someone you supply a service to.

It's a possibility. With it being a hard search, wouldn't I need to give permission?
    Out of interest, what information will Equifax be able to give me regarding my query?
  • ThrugelmirThrugelmir Forumite
    83.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a possibility. With it being a hard search, wouldn't I need to give permission?

You would have agreed to your credit file being accessed in signing something. As part of the terms and conditions.
    It's not whether you're right or wrong that's important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." — George Soros
  • moleratmolerat Forumite
    25.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Equifax will likely only be able to give you the same as you can see, Atos checked your file. Atos would be the ones who would be able to tell you why and for who the check was carried out.
  • custardycustardy Forumite
    38K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _shel wrote: »
    Yup they carry out assessments for fitness to work for benefits claimants as a government contractor.

This I know. However its certainly not all the do.
  • Update: I sent a request of information to Atos this morning and got a reply from an Atos Data Protection Officer. He requested date of the search, the CRA and any more information. Hopefully get to hear more news. Will keep you posted. Thanks for the advice so far.
    You would have agreed to your credit file being accessed in signing something. As part of the terms and conditions.

This is why I'm a tad concerned, i never agreed to a search. I'm hoping any info will either clear up a simple oversight or possible fraud.
  • twhitehousescattwhitehousescat Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    You would have agreed to your credit file being accessed in signing something. As part of the terms and conditions

that statement is a cop out , does not address your question

ask them WHICH company gave them permission to access your file

you know they have , but let them prove that you gave permission
  • ThrugelmirThrugelmir Forumite
    83.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You would have agreed to your credit file being accessed in signing something. As part of the terms and conditions

that statement is a cop out , does not address your question

ask them WHICH company gave them permission to access your file

you know they have , but let them prove that you gave permission

In business. Always read the small print. Surprising how many actually don't. :cool:
    It's not whether you're right or wrong that's important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." — George Soros
  • twhitehousescattwhitehousescat Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thrugelmir wrote: »
    In business. Always read the small print. Surprising how many actually don't. :cool:

yes , but the OP needs to know the name of the company that asked them to do a credit search
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals