tp links

Options
im having problems with the wi fi switching off but not the internet
so thought id update my tp units as i have the pc hardwired with that and never have problems

i see they now have wifi boosters on them and im hopeful it will help in the kitchen which is a hit and miss spot,

but the price of the newest to expensive £120

what i want is pc on cable
tv on cable
wi fi for kitchen
if i buy the newer ones with wifi it may be good enough to go to the kitchen with the 2 units in the front room,if this doesn't work my idea is to use the old pair on the tv and new ones on the pc and kitchen,,

the problems

1) will tp links work if plugged into an extension block or do they have to be in the socket, lack of sockets where the router is,
2)just found two on amazon but not sure if there correct

BT Mini Wi-Fi Home Hotspot 600 Kit with wired AV600 Powerline and N150 Wi-Fi £35

TP-Link TL-WPA4226KIT 2-Port Powerline Adapter WiFi Starter Kit, Range Extender, Broadband/WiFi Extender, WiFi Booster/Hotspot, No Configuration Required, UK Plug £46
thanks for the help
WAS DEBT FREE & STILL BAAARRRRRKING :cool:
hello my name is shaun,,,and im not so addicted to farmville,still addicted to football:o:o

BAAAARRRRRRRRRRKING er insanely so :o

Comments

• wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 2,627 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    shaun40400 wrote: »
    1) will tp links work if plugged into an extension block or do they have to be in the socket, lack of sockets where the router is,
    Powerline network devices will work better if they are plugged directly into the wall. Some will not work at all in an extension lead. The others won't work as well.
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    shaun40400 wrote: »
    thought id update my tp units as i have the pc hardwired with that
    You have 2 x tp units already? One is conencted to your router and the other connects to your pc? If so, then add a third tp link wi fi unit in the kitchen. Job done.
    (but something tells me its no going to be that simple ;)
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • shaun40400
    shaun40400 Posts: 4,134 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    ive ordered a wifi extension and a pair of plain start up kit
    so hopefully the combination will work

either just add the wifi and send the other box back or use both £65 combined price :eek:
    WAS DEBT FREE & STILL BAAARRRRRKING :cool:
    hello my name is shaun,,,and im not so addicted to farmville,still addicted to football:o:o

BAAAARRRRRRRRRRKING er insanely so :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport