Ooh er - self employed and employed - help!

Tax nightmare or piece of p***? I just got a one day a week contract with a national organisation, but I will be in receipt of a salary from them. I am self employed as well. What do I do, is it a tax nightmare or am i unecessarily nervy because Im new to all this?
Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
I have done reading too!
To avoid all evil, to do good,
to purify the mind- that is the
teaching of the Buddhas.

Comments

• spendaholic
    spendaholic Posts: 1,535 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    When you get your tax return, call them and ask for the employment pages as well as the self-employment pages. They've changed the form this year to a short form and I haven't seen how this affects the employment pages.

In the past I've always given an employer my unique tax reference number to stop them taxing me. Some will claim it's not policy to do that, but if they want to they can get around it.

The tax return will be a doddle cos you'll fill in a part for PAYE and this'll be taken into account for your calculation.
    spendy/she/her ***DEBT-FREE DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2022!*** Highest debt: £35k (2006) MY WINS: £3,541 CASH; £149 Specsavers voucher; free eye test; goody bag from Scottish Book Trust; tickets to Grand Designs Live; 2-year access to Feel Amazing App (worth £100); Home Improvement & Renovation Show tickets; £50 to spend on chocolate; Harlem Globetrotters tickets; Jesus Christ Superstar tickets + 2 t-shirts; Guardians of the Galaxy goody bag; Birmingham City v Barnsley FC tickets; Marillion tickets; Dancing on Ice tickets; Barnsley FC v Millwall tickets
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure