PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Disgusting british rip-off culture

Options
13»

Comments

• monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Of course this isn't a British failing. It is not a new one either. Jesus overturned the tables of the sellers in the Temple because they were cheating their customers.
    The word 'sincere' is derived fron the Latin words sin - without, and cere - wax.
    This is what the makers of pots used to shout out in the markets to assure their customers that they hadn't sneakily filled in any cracks with wax and painted over them, as was the custom of less scrupulous potters.

Think of that next time you write a letter. You are assuring your correspondent that you are being honest and true.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Topher
    Topher Posts: 640 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I do not share your disgust.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ariba10 wrote: »
    I thought the reason they have a small area after the till was that you put the checked items back into the trolly and then moved to the packing area to put the items into whatever bags you had?
    For those using a trolley... I use a basket - and I empty it onto the conveyor belt. You can't take it to the till with you else you get the "reminder/lecture" that you can't take the basket out of the store, in a way that makes you feel/look stupid .... so you empty the basket onto the conveyor belt, stack it up at the end of the till area.... then go through and come out the end with nothing except your own hands/bag to put things into.

I've typically got 3-7 items.
  • lewishardwick
    Options
    "Disgusted of Royal Tunbridge Wells" really does spring to mind.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure