Travel Insurance Query

Options
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone could help please. Coming back from Istanbul last week I was delayed seven hours which caused me to miss a connecting flight from Dublin to Edinburgh. There was no other flights with that airline taht day to Edinburgh or indeed the following day.

So I had to book another flight with Ryanair which cost £160. I've been looking through my insurance policy but cant figure out for the life of me if I'm covered or is there another way to go about receiving some money back?

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Mr_Warren_2
    Mr_Warren_2 Posts: 991 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    a) was your ticket between Istanbul and Dublin issued on same stub as Istanbul Dublin?
    If yes, the airline that brought you late in Dublin is at fault and should have covered your re-ticketing Dublin to Edinburgh.
    b) You purchased 2 individual tickets and the 1st airline respected her contract with you by landing you in Dublin albeit 7 hours late. In which case airline No.2 cannot be held responsible for you not showing up.
    In this case you have a redress with the airline as per the latest EU directives on transport. Please contact them but again, their contract with you, if this is the case, was between Istanbul and Dublin (not Edinburgh).
    --Ring your insurance company and ask them the question. You should be covered for delayed flights and the insurance company should tell you what your rights are.
  • louthy
    louthy Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

They were two seperate flights i.e. going out Edinburgh-Dublin with Ryanair, Dub- Istanbul with Onur Air and returning to Dublin with Onur Air and from there to Edinburgh with Ryanair.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure