Comping without a laptop?

So my laptop fell down dead yesterday. New one prefer but I won't get it for a few days.

Has anyone devised an efficient way to comp with a tablet.

My current method on a laptop is go through all newly posted comps each day and open the forum post in a new tab, them go through each tab in turn,. Open comp in new window, enter, close window, tick and thanks, close tab and repeat until done. I use an extension called Fillr to enter details.

Obviously the above isn't going to work on an ipad. Anybody comp with an iPad. What's your method.
Total Value of wins in 2009: £900 appox. 2010: £730
Wins 2011: Carlisle Utd Tickets (twice!), Baby Food Hamper, Straighteners, Chugginton Toy

Comments

• Method? I use my iPad all the time, odd comps don't like safari on iPad but most do. I have the comps page open, open each competition in new page, enter then close to click thanks and done.
  • Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,162 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    I use my iPad all the time too - open comp in new tab, open link in new tab, use auto fill for forms, close link, close tab, repeat.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • I always comp on my iPad, much easier than a laptop. You can use auto fill in Safari and Chrome and if you ever need a desktop version of a page, just hold down the refresh button in Safari.
  • ANGELWINGS
    ANGELWINGS Posts: 2,832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I nearly always use my iPad unless it’s a gleam because they sometimes don’t work on iPad, it all depends on how the site has set it up.
  • 2013yearofthehouse
    2013yearofthehouse Posts: 3,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 26 October 2018 at 11:55AM
    I don't own a laptop, so I always use my ipad for comps.

You can use a very similar method to your laptop method.....

"My current method on a laptop is go through all newly posted comps each day and open the forum post in a new tab, them go through each tab in turn. [You can still do this on an iPad - I often go through and open 100+ tabs to work through in turn] Open comp in new window [you'll have to open in a new tab rather than window], enter, close window [tab], tick and thanks, close tab and repeat until done. I use an extension called Fillr to enter details." [you won't need an extension, you can just use Safari's built in autofill]

.....so almost identical - just use tabs instead of windows and no extension needed.

Some facebook apps won't want to open in Safari, but usually "request desktop site" will open them fine.

If Gleam has trouble logging in you can either use a Gleam comp that opens directly to the Gleam website (that will log you in) before going to sites where the Gleam is embedded and it should work fine afterwards or if you turn off “prevent cross site tracking” in your iPad settings then you should be able to log in to any Gleam regardless.
  • pleaseme
    pleaseme Posts: 857 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Does a laptop accept captchas? l can’t find a device that does
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport