IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Ignored NCP fine because I paid, now have letter from ZZPS?

Options
I parked in an NCP car park in July. It's one of the car parks where you pay when your leaving, so I swiped my card on the machine and paid on the way out.

A few weeks go by and I receive a PCN through the door because I hadn't paid for my parking. I knew this had to be a mistake as I always go to the machine on the way out of the car park, so I checked my online banking and I have a payment to NCP on the date they say I never paid them.

I go on the NCP website and I use their appeals form telling them that I did pay and show them the evidence on my bank statement. A few days go by and they say my appeal has been rejected and have to pay. I then send another two messages on their appeals form saying how they have blatantly ignored my evidence and I wont be paying.

I hear nothing back and think that's the end of the matter, but today I get a letter from ZZPS which says...

"Your unpaid PCN has been passed to us to resolve. The balance owed is now £160 and now includes late payments and any debt recovery charges."

What to I do now? I read on here something about POPLA but have I missed the deadline? I was looking at my letters and can't see any POPLA codes anywhere so I can't appeal on the POPLA website?

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Was this a railway car park? If not did you get a POPLA code?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    NCP again ?? Yet another BPA member who insist on making the BPA a scam outfit

You have proof you have paid, that's all the court want to hear

You do not owe £160, the extra £60 is a fake add-on by ZZPS who are part of the crazy idiots called DRP
    YOU ARE BEING SCAMMED.

READ THIS
    Debt Collectors (DRP & ZZPS & Zenith)
    What they don't want you to know

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5859454&highlight=debt+collectors+drp

If you are certain that you do not get a POPLA code then you complain to the BPA
    Steve Clark aos@britishparking.co.uk
    OR .. steve.c@britishparking.co.uk

You must have the opportunity to appeal before the idiot debt collectors get involved

ZZPS = IDIOTS = SEWER LIFE = IGNORE THEM
  • JimmyJonesII
    Options
    It was a car park in my town centre. Is the PCN number the same as the POPLA code? I have a picture of the letter but it won't let me post a link on here.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    POPLA Code is 10 digits long.

Did you have to punch in your car registration number at the time of making the payment?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    There should be instructions in the rejection letter of how to appeal to POPLA and a code to enable you to do so. It is different to the PCN number.

Put a photo on your favourite hosting site and paste a link. Change the http to hxxp as you can't yet post live links.
  • JimmyJonesII
    Options
    Yeah it was the machine where you put in your registration and it shows you a picture of you when you drove into the car park. Then it tells you how much you owe and then you use your card or put in coins to pay it.

Here's the latest letter... https:// imgur.com /a/ FgBhmvq
  • JimmyJonesII
    Options
    Here's the original letter... https:// imgur.com /a/ Ql5rtTH
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    https://imgur.com/a/FgBhmvq
    Send NCP a Subject Access Request (SAR) asking them to provide you with all information they hold on you, including your vehicle - VRM AB12CDE - in particular on the date of the parking event, or VRMs that closely resembling that number.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5849784

In terms of when you paid the fee, does the machine only allow you to pay if the VRM you punch in is exactly the same as one that has entered the car park, denying you the ability to pay if the VRMs don't match?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    YES, that is the ZZPS which you ignore

Amazing, really amazing that ZZPS are still try to scam on the Beavis case ??? They really talk rubbish and Beavis has no bearing on your case .......

BEAVIS v PARKING EYE in the Supreme Court
    Often, these powerless debt collectors make reference
    to the Parking Eye/Supreme court case ? They seem to
    think that this is the key for them to extort money from
    you.
    Barry Beavis took Parking Eye to court because he claimed
    the charges were unfair. The court said they were ... and
    that was it. So unless you are claiming that the charge
    was unfair, the Supreme court decision has no bearing
    on you and it's yet more rubbish that debt crawlers use

Forget this trish trash rubbish. The most important point is your POPLA code ......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure