IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Multiple county court claims?

Options
123457»

Comments

• wotnott
    wotnott Posts: 69 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do I have any redress against IAS? I paid originally following their rejection of my appeal. Judge's decision proves that I was right, and therefore presumably they were wrong*.

* Leaving aside the issue that IAS is not independent, and arguably ruling in favour of the parking company is their job.
  • wotnott
    Options
    Parking contractor has now refunded the PCN I paid 'as a goodwill gesture'.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    wotnott wrote: »
    Court hearing was this morning. Result was mixed.

My claim and parking company's counter-claim were both dismissed - the problem in my case being that I was claiming for a penalty I had paid ; my argument that this was under duress was not accepted. No award for costs. So I am currently out of pocket somewhat (the one PCN I paid, plus my own costs of bringing the claim). In theory I would have done better to just sit tight at the outset and wait for them to take me to court. However the reality is that in my case attending court would most likely have cost me far more in lost earnings than the cost of the parking ticket, so paying it was a rational decision at the time.

More significantly, I think, the judge agreed that there was no legal basis for ticketing my vehicle on my property. This precludes any further PCNs or legal action.

I'm going to continue pursuing them for reimbursement of my costs, making formal complaints to themselves, BPA, IPC, DVLA as required. I have demonstrated that they have no jurisdiction in this particular location since all parking spaces are demised to leaseholders...
    Parking contractor has now refunded the PCN I paid 'as a goodwill gesture'.
    Very well done - ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • wotnott
    edited 17 October 2019 at 6:31PM
    Options
    This is not necessarily over yet as I am still out of pocket slightly for costs (albeit down to double digits now) and as such am continuing to make some noise about it.

Very glad that this and other such forums exist. Without the valuable information / help found here I don't see that I would have had much option but to accept what I was told by the likes of Citizens Advice and IAS, and concede defeat. Just sorry that it took me a while to find it ; had I done so earlier I would have been better prepared and would have adopted a better strategy from the outset.

Many thanks to those who offered constructive advice. I learned a lot here and I hope others can benefit from this thread. :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure