Cat with lump

In the early hours of this morning, I noticed my 2 year old cat has a lump just behind her shoulderblades, next to her spine. She had her booster vaccination on 9th, could it be due to that? It does bother her if I prod it too much, but not if I stroke her over it & it feels about the size of a malteser I guess, tho difficult to tell

Comments

• Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,100 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    To the Vet tomorrow ! We can only guess.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • UKTigerlily
    UKTigerlily Posts: 4,702 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Robin9 wrote: »
    To the Vet tomorrow ! We can only guess.

Sadly Vets round here have a 1 week or more wait for routine & was hoping someone might've experienced this themselves before x
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I would ring the vets in the morning and explain. They can either put your mind at rest if its common after an injection or get you a sooner appointment if they think its necessary.
  • Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Our dog gets a similar reaction after her vaccinations, it takes quite while to go down.
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Any update here?
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • UKTigerlily
    Artytarty wrote: »
    Any update here?

Hey, it has gone down to the point its almost gone, so assuming it disappears all is good, thanks!
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,982 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Sadly Vets round here have a 1 week or more wait for routine & was hoping someone might've experienced this themselves before x

Good grief, that's about the minimum time it is around here to get a doctor's appointment. Our vet is most often same day or day after. I sometimes wish I could go there for my medical needs.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• tesuhoha
    tesuhoha Posts: 17,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    My cat had a lump on her neck and it turned out her microchip had shifted.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• UKTigerlily
    tesuhoha wrote: »
    My cat had a lump on her neck and it turned out her microchip had shifted.

I think her chip is ok as it was checked at her booster, due to her brother having gone missing.

I am being MSE today and having her walk around with a paper plate on her head, because elizabethan collars don't come long enough to cover her mouth (her neck is so tiny), she looks a pillock but prefers it, tho sadly it's not totally stopping her getting to her leg (other allergy issues)
  • Soot2006
    Soot2006 Posts: 2,167 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    If they shift a little during vaccination then the injection site can swell up quite spectacularly (or if vet is rubbish but thankfully that's quite rare!) ... In worst case can even abscess on injection site but normally it's just fluid swelling and goes down within 7-10 days after injection. Glad to hear yours is OK. Always good to notice lumps and bumps but they are rarely a vet emergency - I usually keep an eye for 24 hours to assess if dealing with fluid/cyst/tumour/etc ... Then to vet if it doesn't go down within 2-3 days or if it turns painful.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure