Welcome Finance PPI

Options
2»

Comments

• mitch0057
    Options
    Hi thanks for your views.

In hind site, I should have accepted, however unfortunately I didn't and I am not sure if they can actually withhold the compensation?
    mitch0057
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    mitch0057 wrote: »
    I am not sure if they can actually withhold the compensation?
    Check the wording of the original letter.
    If it was a goodwill offer and they told you it was valid for a limited period then of course they don't have to pay it almost two years later...

What I can't understand is how you can say you were too busy with other complaints to accept the offer?
  • mitch0057
    Options
    Final Response 25/4/2017

I cannot be satisfied that the relevant cost disclosures would have been made to you at the point of sale and therefore, I cannot reasonably conclude that the PPI policy was sold to you correctly on this occasion.

Conclusion
    I am therefore. of the opinion that your complaint should be upheld and the payments made towards PPI on your account 123456 should be refunded along with simple interest calculated at 8%. The purpose of this refund is to put you back into the financial potion you would have been in had the PPI not been taken.

Our offer will expire six months after the date of this letter and after that date you will no longer be able to receive the compensation offered unless there are exceptional circumstances. You therefore have six months from the date of this letter to sign and return this completed acceptance form to accept our offer.
    mitch0057
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have to ask, why did you need accept a full redress offer and try alternative options?

Exceptional circumstances tend to be death of direct family member or incapacity.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • mitch0057
    Options
    All I can say I was treading in unknown waters and was foolish not to accept the offer. however as they have agreed to the unfair PPI would they still not be liable to repay the compensation due to me, irrespective of the time frame?
    mitch0057
  • societys_child
    Options
    would they still not be liable to repay the compensation due to me, irrespective of the time frame?
    You keep asking the same question, over n over.

No. The rules exist to prevent so called claimants dragging it out for years on end. You had 6 months . . you let it lapse!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I was treading in unknown waters and was foolish not to accept the offer.
    You were indeed.

The end.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family