Forum Home » Consumer Rights

Fabb ( wel not so fabb!) sofas

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Fabb ( wel not so fabb!) sofas

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Consumer Rights
4 replies 905 views
hoxtonbabehoxtonbabe Forumite
451 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Consumer Rights
Hi,

I purchased a sofa last December, when it was delivered one arm was creaking like the wood was split so they ordered a new arm and changed it, then one day a few months later the legs gave way on the same side as the repaired arm and they repaired it ( although I was initially asking for a refund but they didn’t seem to want to play ball and I was without a useable sofa)

A few weeks after that they went into administration, however I took out the 5 year cover that covers spills, breakage , dents, etc. Once again the same leg has given way and has actually become dangerous as it just collapses as we sit on it so no warning it’s going to go!

I paid by debit card and unfit for purpose is an understatement however I’m Unsure as to where I stand on this/my best option of recourse due to fabb going bust.

Many thanks

Replies