Dog fouling on my front garden

I moved into a house on a small estate in June. I only know a few of my neighbours and they do not have dogs. Between June til present day an irresponsible dog owner has been letting their dog leave deposits on my open plan front lawn. I've reported this several times to the council via their website. I've tried sprinkling pepper on the lawn but this doesn't do anything. I'm at work most of the time and am unable to catch the culprit. I set up a temporary camera looking outside into the garden but found some more dog poo this afternoon and its an area not covered by the camera. I now think that i am being deliberately targeted and will be installing CCTV. This is an expense i really do not want to be forking out for but i see no choice. What are my legal rights if i catch this person? I'm at my wits end and this is absolutely disgusting, when my friends come round their kids can't play round the front because its dirty and i am worried that they would catch something.

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    How sure are you it's dog poo. Could be cats - I get it on my back lawn fairly regularly and it's definitely not a dog.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • elsien wrote: »
    How sure are you it's dog poo. Could be cats - I get it on my back lawn fairly regularly and it's definitely not a dog.

Was going to say the same thing. I get regular ‘deposits’ on the exact same spot on my front lawn but I know all the neighbours who walk their dogs past aren’t responsible so I think it’s just a very big cat or Fox, maybe even a badger, what does their poo look like?

I just clear it up and get on with my life.
  • Jellybro
    Jellybro Posts: 138 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I thought it was a dog going on my front lawn too.... until I caught a cat in the act. You would be surprised at how big cat poop is!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure