Longer delivery times?

Options
2»

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ahh , many chinease companies are sending to a royal mail sort office , think its southampton , thacking numbers do not show for about a week then there is sudden activity

Having seen the labeling. I suspect they label them with RM Tracked labels in China and ship in bulk containers from China.
    Once in the UK the items are put into RMs network. I dont see it being practical to do the above but sort and label in the UK.
  • Enigmatic_Me
    Enigmatic_Me Posts: 1,619 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    You really cannot win as a seller. I send out all my items same day if paid for before 4pm. What astounds me now is last Thursday I was packaging items which were being sent Royal Mail 2nd Class and Ebay tells me the buyer expects to receive this on Sunday?

Since when has Sunday been included as a delivery date?
    The best things in life are free.....
  • ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 16 October 2018 at 9:44AM
    Options
    Having seen the labeling. I suspect they label them with RM Tracked labels in China and ship in bulk containers from China.
    Once in the UK the items are put into RMs network. I dont see it being practical to do the above but sort and label in the UK.
    Yes they use freight forwarders to take bulk mail over seas and you can access them from within the UK and send by weight only (not size), but only if you have ridiculously massive volume.

I suspect it's easier for small sellers to access these in China. In the UK more barriers seem to be set up to "climb the ladder" and whenever I come across this I believe it goes back to this country being run in a particular way that favours the privileged.

Also I suspect it's easier for Royal Mail to treat an entire freight forwarder as a one customer and therefore get a massive discount as opposed to UK businesses where they are shaving pennies off a rate card, and those customers are still considered as using the retail entry points (post offices) even when you take it down to the depot.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure