New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Shower Valve Replacement

1 reply 411 views
fred246fred246 Forumite
2.4K posts
Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
✭✭✭✭
I have got a Tre Mercati Imperial Exposed Thermostatic valve from around 2000. I have always hated it because it has no flow control. I want to replace it but when I take it off the wall I am left with two pipes 150mm apart but very short (approx 13mm) with an olive and nut. Every new valve seems to need longer pipes. I have spotted the latest version of the valve is dual control but I really didn't want another Tre Mercati and I am not sure whether it would just be a simple exchange or not but I can phone Tre Mercati and see if they know. Anyone know of any valves or fitting kits for short cut pipes? Any advice?

Replies