New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

NTO from City Council

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
2 replies 197 views
KatarinaKKatarinaK Forumite
2 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
Hi everybody,

I do apologise but as for newbies I found only private parking penalties and how to deal with that, on the website I know I should come here before informal appeal, which county council rejected my appeal, now they sent Notice to owner.
Penalty Charge Notice was served by Civil Enforcement officer in respect of the vehicle XY for the following alleged contravention:
Parked without clearly displaying a valid pay&display ticket. Penalty Charged notice was not paid =£25, now they want £50. As I paid by phone in that place previously and it worked out and this time not, it was fault of machine clearly. I could be more careful as in the past they sent me text message reminding me expiry of ticket, but I have got proof I sent message on my mobile. I am going to make representation that the alleged contravention did not occur, but because I failed common sense informal appeal, I am kindly asking for help to formulate formal appeal, seen template letter because of reason mentioned above, if any law applies, it does not make sense, it was not my fault. Thank you for your help, Katarina.

Replies

• They said in reply to my informal appeal, that I sent my text message in wrong format, but it was the same format as before anyway as for spaces, so from my point of view it was technical problem on their part...
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    28.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for coucil matters, post over on pepipoo forums in their council section (do not register with a hotmail address, try gmail or similar)

we only deal with private parking charges on here
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se