Dropping out of uni

I am hating my course and the uni. Finding the tutors non engaging , the course not what I expected or would want to continue on with. It’s the end of week three. SFE are due to pay £2300 to my university on the 17/10. If I quit now (end of week 3) what tuition fee would I be liable for? I have scrolled the uni website itself and can’t see what their policy is, does anyone know what I can expect to pay?

Comments

• Speak to the university straight away. I think that 25% of fees will be due but the quicker you act the better it will be. Make sure you are sure that is what you want to do thought first. Have you given it enough time?
  • Adly812
    Adly812 Posts: 558 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Yes, 100% , the course is not me. I am not sure I started it with the passion I should have had anyways, I was very lost at what to do, so began it, thinking it was the right thing to do, with doubts,,,, I should have listened to my intuition and just waited, but hey ho, I guess we don’t know until we try. I will book an appointment with the registry for Monday and get sorted. Thank you I really hope it’s not the full 2300 for just three weeks. Wow
  • Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    don't forget to investigate contract terms on any accommodation.
  • Adly812
    Adly812 Posts: 558 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thank you for your advice. I live at home in my own place and I am a mature student, so in my case it will just be the three week tuition I need to repay
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure