IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Yet Another Markham Retail Park Driver Left Site PCN

Options
2»

Comments

• StaffsSW
    StaffsSW Posts: 5,788 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Now if everyone who has ever parked there in the last 2 years makes a SAR to them, and then questions why their data is being held for no reason, that could make life difficult for them. PPCs have no reason to keep details of cars which have stayed within the allowed parking period; they should surely be deleted immediately.

If SARs could be requested by limited companies, I could tie them up for months with bureaucracy with the amount I've dealt with!
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
  • abedegno
    abedegno Posts: 177 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've had no comments on my Popla appeal, so I'm guessing it's okay.

From what StaffsSW says it doesn't sound like I try to hard on appeal and PPL will likely fold.

Will be submitting later today, so wish me luck!
  • StaffsSW
    Options
    abedegno wrote: »
    I've had no comments on my Popla appeal, so I'm guessing it's okay.

From what StaffsSW says it doesn't sound like I try to hard on appeal and PPL will likely fold.

Will be submitting later today, so wish me luck!

I leave commenting on the wordy POPLA appeals to those more familiar with them than myself. My circumstances are slightly different in that all of the vehicles I deal with are registered to Limited companies, and I don't often partake in POPLA appeals these days. If our attempts to transfer liability are rejected by the PPC, I simply reply with a couple of reasons why they are wrong, and invite them to discuss it in front of a judge. Very few take us up on that offer, and for the few that have I know I had the support of the directors to fight them.

The POPLA appeals I have done for that site relate to staff vehicles where the drivers wants a bit more of a "belt and braces" method of making sure it doesn't come back on them. Requesting that the PPC provide strict proof that the driver left the site is an almost impossible task for them. If they can't prove the driver left the site, then there is no chance of them proving a breach.
  • abedegno
    Options
    Popla appeal submitted.

I added another appeal point, as following the SAR the information provided by PPL their own records showed an entry time of 12:25, an NTK contravention time of 12:32 and the photographic evidence of 12:33 - so within grace period time. Goes to show it's worth submitting a SAR as it can reveal potentially useful information to use in appeal.

I guess I sit tight, and wait now for a response.
  • abedegno
    edited 8 November 2018 at 3:36PM
    Options
    So looks like Premier Park timed out today on responding to my appeal and have decided not to contest it - just won my first Popla appeal, so excited :-)
  • StaffsSW
    Options
    It's pleasing to hear that - if you are local, email a summary to Toby Perkins MP to let him know that nothing has changed, and his constituents are still being pestered and harassed by this shower of scutters
  • Chezzy170
    Options
    See my other posts re this
    I am now up to the £170 fine stage as Premier Parks sell it on!
    Good luck
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,893 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Chezzy170, they have not 'sold it on'.

Please stop spamming the boards.
  • Chezzy170
    Options
    Have a look at this, good luck

Parking cowboys/ debt collectors web site
    Can't send the link it's not allowed
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Chezzy170 wrote: »
    Have a look at this, good luck

Parking cowboys/ debt collectors web site
    Can't send the link it's not allowed

Pay attention to what KeithP has told you earlier today!

This is dead thread, all done and dusted and not in need of your ‘sage’ advice.

Is there nothing on your telly to watch?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport