Letter of complaint. Anyone got a templaint

Options
ubdai
ubdai Posts: 77 Forumite
Anyone out there got a template for a letter of complaint to an online car tyre sales site. Twice they messed up with the delivery. First time I caught them before the tyres were mounted, second time I didn't. So now i've got H rated tyres instead of V rated. This could affect any claims my on insurance whilst running on them. The tyre fitter said they had a V sticker on them ( i don't know how much I trust what they say though), so its one against the other with me playing piggy in the middle.

So, I've got to email them and bloody plead for them to sort out the matter. The nice German lady said all I can do is email a letter to the manager and let him make a decision. All i may get is a discount or a credit to my cc as the tyres are now mounted to the rims.

So hence the reason for a templaint. I'm not that good at writing a wordy letter asking for compensation or a replacement of tyres. If anyone has done this or has any advice it would be appreciated.

Thanks
ubdai.:confused:

Comments

• Conor_3
    Conor_3 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    You can't put a speed rating sticker on them - it's either stamped or embossed in the tyre wall. How do you know they're H rated when by your own admission you've not looked and the tyre fitter - who has no vested interest in their rating being H or V as they're only fitting them - has told you otherwise. GO LOOK FOR YOURSELF.

Technically as you've got them fitted, you're deemed to have accepted them.
  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ubdai wrote: »
    The tyre fitter said they had a V sticker on them ( i don't know how much I trust what they say though), so its one against the other with me playing piggy in the middle.

I would not have thought the tyre fitters word can be taken seriously especially as the sticker has long gone and anyway he should have checked on the actual tyre before fitting them, maybe you should have checked before you drove away but if you asked for a V rated tyre and they have fitted H ratings it is their mistake they are responsible and should change them, as you say it could invalidate your insurance.
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Try the below templates if you're stuck as to the format, though as Conor mentioned, make sure you've checked the tyre wall first to confirm they are the wrong type... click here to make sure you're reading the correct bit.

http://www.howtocomplain.com/info/cl-template.shtml

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/after_you_buy/making-complaint/complaining-in-writing/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure