Vanguard Minimum Addition?

Options
I'm debating opening a direct GIA account with Vanguard as I'm at my ISA limit.
Does anyone know what the minimum ad-hoc addition is that you can make please?
Their site suggests you can add a £500 lump sum or a minimum of £100/month but it's not clear if you could, for example, add £100/week as a slow steady drip.

Comments

• A_T
    A_T Posts: 959 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    not sure what the minimum is but I often add £30 if the mood takes me
  • rathernot
    rathernot Posts: 339 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you, and just to be clear, that's using their direct platform?
    Their help site is pretty crap but I'm hoping it's like most platforms where you add cash and can then deploy it?
    Fidelity will let me buy with as little as a tenner so I'd be surprised if the direct platform doesn't but it's not clear from how they word it...
  • Arwing
    Arwing Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I have a ISA with vanguard using one of their Lifestrategy funds and I believe if you reach £500 your not obligated to put anymore into it and go at your own pace. I put a lump sum in at first and then put in whenever I feel like it, haven't put anymore in for a couple of months.
  • Zero_Sum
    Zero_Sum Posts: 1,567 Forumite
    Options
    I put in small amounts regularly. Dont think there is a minimun once youve put in the initial £500. Does seem strange they dont advertise this, as i only found out by accident and thinking i had to either put in £500 each time or set up £100 DD originally put me off.
  • Radiantsoul
    Radiantsoul Posts: 2,096 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    You can top up with less than the 100 quid they claim. Seems you can add any tiny amount of cash at any time.
    Not sure if they would let you start with less than 500 in a fund. But you can buy a single etf at any point, most seem to be around £20-30.
  • Zero_Sum
    Zero_Sum Posts: 1,567 Forumite
    Options
    You can top up with less than the 100 quid they claim. Seems you can add any tiny amount of cash at any time.
    Not sure if they would let you start with less than 500 in a fund. But you can buy a single etf at any point, most seem to be around £20-30.

You can start a fund with small amounts as long as your total investment is over £500. Quite often works to your advantage with roundings on high value ones. I once tried it with £15, but it had my opening purchase at neary £16. So had gained quite a lot % wise because of roundings.
  • rathernot
    rathernot Posts: 339 Forumite
    Options
    Useful to know, just got to decide now whether to use Vanguard for LSxx or go with something risk targeted v persistent allocations.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure