IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

County Court Defence - Parking in Someone Else's Allocated Bay

Options
13»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,180 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Looks good to me. :)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ellas200
    ellas200 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks again all for your help! (Especially Coupon-Mad)

I have now emailed the defence in attached as a signed and dated PDF. I will let you know what I hear back, and check in a few days time that this has been received.
  • ellas200
    Options
    Hi there,

It's been marked as "defended", and I have now received the "Notice of Proposed Allocation to the Small Claims Track".

Could someone please point me to the advice on how to fill this out?

Thanks!
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Post 13 told you where to go, and that was for the entire court stage
    Please dont post without reading htis *first*, as it covers every stage of the court process.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,337 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Have you received a DQ yet? Process seems to be out of sync. See here (number 4) for a guide to what happens when.
  • ellas200
    Options
    All filled in. Can I just email a PDF of the form to the court? - or does it need to be posted?
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    I believe DQ can be emailed to the CCBC, but once at locla court its physical documents only.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,746 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    moss1000 wrote: »
    All filled in. Can I just email a PDF of the form to the court? - or does it need to be posted?
    Send the completed DQ to the same email address that you sent your Defence. Read again post #4 above.

Don't forget to send a copy of your completed DQ to the Claimant - to the address on your Claim Form.
  • ellas200
    Options
    Hi All,

The case has now been discontinued by the claimant as they had the wrong name. Does this not now mean they have seen my defence and can change their claim?

Is there anything at all I can / need to do at this stage?

Thanks,

Will
  • Loadsofchildren123
    Options
    They can issue the claim again using the correct name. The possibility of a claim remains "live" for 6 years unfortunately. Presumably they discontinued once they'd see your defence pointing out the error. Discontinuing and starting again is actually cheaper for them than applying to correct the name.
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure