🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Bank of Scotland Classic Vantage Replacement for £5K wanted

Options
Hi,
I have not been keeping up with interest rate changes on accounts, originally opened this account for 3% on upto £5K last year, its now 1.5% gross interest.

There must be a better paying easy access account now, any recommendations for the full £5K? Would rather not lock away for a year.

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,698 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You can check the current situation at the quick link article above titled 'best bank accounts', which has a section on those that pay interest, such as Nationwide, TSB and Tesco, although none will pay interest on the whole £5K in a single account....
  • darkovo
    darkovo Posts: 209 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    eskbanker wrote: »
    You can check the current situation at the quick link article above titled 'best bank accounts', which has a section on those that pay interest, such as Nationwide, TSB and Tesco, although none will pay interest on the whole £5K in a single account....

Thanks, I have looked at these, I was hoping there was somewhere not mentioned. Wishful thinking!

Looks like I may just have to switch banks to get a bonus of some kind instead, nearly used all these up though!
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    And the BOS require 2 DD now to pay the interest
  • Willing2Learn
    Options
    Just thought I should mention the Danske Cash Reward account. It doesn't pay interest, but it does pay £5 net reward per month (as long as you satisfy the t&cs). It is an easy £60/annual earner for very little effort :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • darkovo
    Options
    Just thought I should mention the Danske Cash Reward account. It doesn't pay interest, but it does pay £5 net reward per month (as long as you satisfy the t&cs). It is an easy £60/annual earner for very little effort :)

Thanks for that, a good contender, pay in £1202 one day then pay out £1200 the next (£2 to cover a fee for the 1st month anyway).
    £5 easy profit like you say, just log onto the app once a month, no DD's or anything else :).
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You could open the new Marcus Online Savings Account (see thread on this) and stick anything up to £250K to receive 1.5% interest. Interest is credited monthly (just like the BoS Classic Vantage). No need to waste time each month moving £1000 in and out of the account. No monthlyDDs required! Only caveat is: don't close your BoS CV completely if you want to keep your Bank of Scotland Monthly Saver going (paying 2.5%, up to £250 per calendar month).Just leave it open with nil balance.
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Yorkshire_Pud Posts: 1,864 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 3 October 2018 at 4:13PM
    Options
    You could open the new Marcus Online Savings Account (see thread on this) and stick anything up to £250K to receive 1.5% interest. Interest is credited monthly (just like the BoS Classic Vantage). No need to waste time each month moving £1000 in and out of the account. No monthlyDDs required! Only caveat is: don't close your BoS CV completely if you want to keep your Bank of Scotland Monthly Saver going (paying 2.5%, up to £250 per calendar month).Just leave it open with nil balance.

I looked into the Marcus account but put off by only three withdrawals allowed per year? Just checked and can't see this stipulation! Must have been dreaming.
    The rate will drop after 12months as includes a bonus of 0.15% as well as being variable.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I looked into the Marcus account but put off by only three withdrawals allowed per year? Just checked and can't see this stipulation! Must have been dreaming.
    The rate will drop after 12months as includes a bonus of 0.15% as well as being variable.

It's unlimited penalty-free withdrawals. Yes, the interest rate could drop but same applies to most instant access accounts.
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Yorkshire_Pud Posts: 1,864 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's unlimited penalty-free withdrawals. Yes, the interest rate could drop but same applies to most instant access accounts.

Thanks, don't know what I must have looked at! Makes it a good account for me:)
  • darkovo
    Options

Yes another option rather than keeping money in BoS account for same percentage but more hassle.
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family