Rail passengers promised 'one-click' compensation for delays - MSE News

Rail passengers who suffer delays and disruption will be able to get compensation with just one click, the transport secretary has announced - but there's little detail yet on how or when it'll happen...
Read the full story:
'Rail passengers promised 'one-click' compensation for delays'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
Read the latest MSE News
Flag up a news story: [email protected]
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail

Replies

• StokeStoke Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    hahahahaha, yeah right.
  • bubieyehyehbubieyehyeh Forumite
    583 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    What a joke, failing grayling doesn't have a clue.

Most of my journeys involve a change, and due to one train running late I miss the connection, resulting in a delay due to having to take a later train. So that won't be one click.

Also some claims I've struggled to explain in the 255 characters that southern allow.
  • zerogzerog Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also some claims I've struggled to explain in the 255 characters that southern allow.

Some TOCs don't allow any free text for explanation. I used to type it out and add it to the scan of my ticket, but I stopped doing that and I still got paid, sometimes more than I was due. To be fair all my rail compo has never been denied even if it sometimes takes 6 months to get it and it doesn't come in the form I specify (GWR likes to send cheques instead of vouchers)
  • bubieyehyehbubieyehyeh Forumite
    583 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    zerog wrote: »
    Some TOCs don't allow any free text for explanation. I used to type it out and add it to the scan of my ticket, but I stopped doing that and I still got paid, sometimes more than I was due. To be fair all my rail compo has never been denied even if it sometimes takes 6 months to get it and it doesn't come in the form I specify (GWR likes to send cheques instead of vouchers)

Southern once rejected a simple delay repay claim of mine three times, and I had to email a complain and get it resolved. However they have never taken 6 months.
  • StokeStoke Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was never compensated for the evening about 2 years ago whereby London Midland booted me (and about 100 others) off a train in the middle of absolutely nowhere due to maintenance issues. It was a freezing cold December, and it was the evening by which time there were no other trains we could realistically catch.

I put the request in twice..... both times they just ignored it and then the timeframe elapsed. I decided to compensate myself.... but whereas I would be held accountable, they aren't. They're an absolute disgrace. The whole rail network is, to be honest.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Stoozing, sublets & summer sips

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE News

Martin Lewis quizzes Rishi Sunak

Watch the cost of living support Q&A here

Join the MSE Forum discussion

48 craft beers for £50 delivered

One-off bundle for newbies. Excludes Northern Ireland

MSE Deals