IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

VCS MCOL claim £760.00

Options
Vooce_Boims
Vooce_Boims Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 30 September 2018 at 5:19PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi All,
Wish I'd found this forum sooner! I am the registered keeper of a vehichle that has had a bunch of VCS tickets lumped together and a county court claim in progress for £760.00.

I challenged the claim but with limited defence being that I do not believe there is a legitimate contract with me and VCS for the claim.

Also that I was not the driver at the time for the majority of the alleged offences. This is true and the other person has accepted liabilty for 75% just between him and myself.

I have a telephone mediation appointment on Tuesday afternoon 1st October 2018. I know its late in the day but any advice prior to Tuesday will be much appreciated.

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    its an MCOL , not a CCJ , so edit the thread title accordingly

its only a CCJ if you lose

nobody here recommends mediation
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi All,
    Wish I'd found this forum sooner! I am the registered keeper of a vehichle that has had a bunch of VCS tickets lumped together and a county court claim in progress for £760.00.

I challenged the claim but with limited defence being that I do not believe there is a legitimate contract with me and VCS for the claim.

Also that I was not the driver at the time for the majority of the alleged offences. This is true and the other person has accepted liabilty for 75% just between him and myself.

I have a telephone mediation appointment on Tuesday afternoon 1st October 2018. I know its late in the day but any advice prior to Tuesday will be much appreciated.

OMG you have done everything wrong and especially
    mediation ..... NEVER EVER ADVISED as you will probably
    lose.

I don't the answer to this but can anyone here say if
    at such short notice mediation can be stopped
  • Redx
    Options
    I do not believe it can be stopped, but the OP can offer zero pounds and a "drop hands" offer if they so wish

assuming they decline any offer, it will proceed to court if VCS pay the court fee
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    I do not believe it can be stopped, but the OP can offer zero pounds and a "drop hands" offer if they so wish

assuming they decline any offer, it will proceed to court if VCS pay the court fee

Thanks, the way to go OP
  • onlyfoolsandparking
    Options
    Give it a go OP, what have you got to lose? offer nothing at mediation and take it to a hearing, I don't know whether you can bring a better defence via WS others will know better than me.

If you lose in court you will probably be ordered to pay less than what the scammers are chasing, get reading on here and get stuck in.
  • Redx
    Options
    the defence cannot be altered without paying a lot of money

ideally, we need the OP to copy and paste their defence below, plus the POC as well (and maybe any cost breakdown to see what the total is made up of)

nobody can advise the OP without knowing the basics of the case or cases

the OP may be able to use the WS and evidence stage to turn this around ?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,435 Forumite
    Options
    Don't lose sight of the fact that the mediator will not be on your side. Their job is to make sure this doesn't get to court.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,253 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I have a telephone mediation appointment on Tuesday afternoon 1st October 2018.

Tuesday afternoon is 2nd October...tomorrow, so are we in time to STOP YOU?

My advice - be polite but no negotaiations, then PUT THE PHONE DOWN EARLY.

Do NOT admit who was driving, do not offer ANY money at all.
    end the call unresolved. WALK AWAY.

You have been warned that this is NOT something you should have agreed to, do not offer money, do NOT even go there about who parked on each occasion, that is for VCS to prove, along with their contract (the signs).

The Mediator is paid to get settlements so this is NEVER something for the Defendant in a parking case to even do!

nonono. You will pay less even if you lost at the hearing. Move along.

Come back at WS and evidence stage.

Also that I was not the driver at the time for the majority of the alleged offences.

Please reproduce here your defence. We need to see what you said EXACTLY, and hope that surely you kept a copy?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure