Moved house need to contact Eon

Options
We have just moved house and need to contact EON as they were the previous owner’s supplier
Tried several times but their answering options always want our account number. We don’t have one and may not stay with them.
How do we contact them with meter readings. This is becoming very frustrating!

Comments

• The_Big_Bamboo
    Options
    Have you tried their online ‘live chat;...I just tried it and got ‘chatting’ to an operator ( yes, a real person!) within 30 seconds or so.

https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/help-and-support/phone-numbers
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    AnnieP6 wrote: »
    We have just moved house and need to contact EON as they were the previous owner’s supplier
    Tried several times but their answering options always want our account number. We don’t have one and may not stay with them.
    How do we contact them with meter readings. This is becoming very frustrating!

You can provide this information to Eon online - no need to call them

https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/help-and-support/moving-home/moving-in-or-out-res

Note the form is dual purpose; for those moving out and those moving in, so you only require the second part (moving in)

Whether or not you stay with eon is up to you, but you will be supplied by them until you actually switch away (not just apply to switch away)
    You cannot apply to switch away until you register with Eon, which you presumably knew and why you are trying to contact them.

Or have you tried 0333 202 4698. Lines are open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, and 8am to 6pm on Saturdays.
    This is a number specifically for those moving home and joining Eon.
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,105 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Have you tried their "speak to an operator option" ?
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • AnnieP6
    Options
    Tried ‘speak to an operator’ but they still wanted an account number first!
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    AnnieP6 wrote: »
    Tried ‘speak to an operator’ but they still wanted an account number first!

The best way to deal with these kinds of robo-gatekeepers is either silence or just mash the keypad. After a few rounds of 'I'm sorry, I don't understand' it should put you through to a human.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi AnnieP6,

Excellent advice on the thread, thank you guys.

Yes that's right, we've got a home moves 'Live Chat' Or you can send an email, then there's also the online form, saves a call.

If you go to the website, just type in home moves and you'll see a link to click on to fill out the form.

Thanks again everyone.

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure