Citroen C2 - Battery (I don't know the issue)

Options
Hi guys.

I seem to be posting a lot about my S**T car, Citroen C2 05 Reg- 1.1L engine.

I don't know what it is what is the problem this time, but in the past few months-

-My hazards have kept flashing, when my hazards haven't been put on

-All lights are flashing or are on constant on my dashboard - when engine is on / off

-Most of my interior lights that light up in the centre of my car (where the radio bit is and heating controls) do not light up. I cannot change radio station or turn off radio. The screen part where it shows what radio station is on and tells me when a door is open appears to freeze.

*All of these problems which I have listed above have all happened just the once and have been fixed by disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes and then connecting again.*

But surely, things aren't right?!
Does anyone know or have an idea of what it could be?

Thanks

Comments

• Alanp
    Alanp Posts: 691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Possibly a poor earth?, check/clean earthing cable from the battery to the car body..
  • Arsenal2019
    Options
    Is the earthing cable the thing which you attach / unclip onto the battery to disconnect / connect?
  • wgl2014
    wgl2014 Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    Options
    I would also check the voltage of your battery, if it's on its way out all sorts of things can happen.

Also are there any error codes showing, you can get a cheap code reader and do this yourself for less than a garage are likely to charge.
  • flashg67
    flashg67 Posts: 4,001 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Is the earthing cable the thing which you attach / unclip onto the battery to disconnect / connect?
    That's the one - it also connects to the car body and needs to have a solid, clean connection.

I've had a C2 and they do seem prone to electrical niggles though.
    If ou haven't already, worth signing up to the forums at https://www.C2club.co.uk
  • Arsenal2019
    Options
    Okay thank you so much for your help ! I'll give it a good wipe and hopefully it'll sort it out!
    :)
  • Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,232 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    flashg67 wrote: »
    That's the one - it also connects to the car body and needs to have a solid, clean connection.

I've had a C2 and they do seem prone to electrical niggles though.
    If ou haven't already, worth signing up to the forums at www.C2club.co.uk

Aren't there two "things" attached to the battery? Or are Citroens different?
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options

If/when you check the two cables, make sure that you disconnect and reconnect them in the following order.

When disconnecting the battery, remove the negative cable first(this might have a black boot on it) and will go to the battery terminal with a -ve written on it then disconnect the positive cable. (maybe a red boot and it will go the battery terminal marked +ve).
    Reconnect in the opposite way. Positive cable first then the negative one.

It's done this way for safety reasons.
  • Svein_Forkbeard
    Options
    It's a French car what do you expect......

Start planning for its replacement.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport