IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

pcn posted to incorrect address - your rights?

Options
If a pcn is posted to the wrong address - It has the vehicle owners name but instead of posting to 4 talbot court , 125 talbot street (which is the address on your driving licence) - they post to 4 talbot street - which means you will never get the pcn - what happens - do they have a time limit or anything - as you would assume Swansea would have given them the correct , full address ?

Comments

• twhitehousescat
    Options
    please check your v5 , the details on that would have been given to the parking co

having said that , you know about it , so you must have seen it , therefore it has been delivered
  • sscrabble
    Options
    I did not say that - lets say this is theoretical - and the address on the driving licence is from a change of address notification done online - and is the correct postal address - so the pcn issuer has got it wrong --- and you never see the pcn - how does this sit legally - is it the pcn issuers responsibility to notify you at the correct address provided by Swansea within a certain time ?
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    As this is purely theoretical who cares. Theoretical questions just mean once it's answered another "what if" is proposed.

If you have a question that isn't theoretical ask away but as it is nobody cares.
  • twhitehousescat
    twhitehousescat Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 28 September 2018 at 11:32PM
    Options
    sscrabble wrote: »
    I did not say that - lets say this is theoretical - and the address on the driving licence is from a change of address notification done online - and is the correct postal address - so the pcn issuer has got it wrong --- and you never see the pcn - how does this sit legally - is it the pcn issuers responsibility to notify you at the correct address provided by Swansea within a certain time ?

how can they get your driving licence number , I said v5
  • waamo
    Options
    how can they get your driving licence number , I said v5

A surprisingly large amount of people confuse their driving licence with their V5c.

It's amazing how many people have vehicles registered to addresses they don't live at because they have amended their licence details but not their V5.
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    waamo wrote: »
    A surprisingly large amount of people confuse their driving licence with their V5c.

It's amazing how many people have vehicles registered to addresses they don't live at because they have amended their licence details but not their V5.

is that hypothetical?
  • waamo
    Options
    is that hypothetical?

Most certainly not. I have a pathological hatred of hypothetical questions.
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    ahh thats ok , I just hate dogs , and my ex boss
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills