IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Fine at Tesco Berkhamstead

Options
2»

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    I have several thousand shares in Tesco and this sort of thing damages my wallet.

I would imagine that it's time to move shares out of Tesco
    Mr Deep, Aldi and Lidl are clearly hurting them
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,063 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes it really was 3 minutes over the 2 hours.
    No, a PCN is not issued for 3 minutes, that is wrong, that was NOT the contravention.

They will come back to confirm it's cancelled within 35 days.

No need for any threads about Highview. Easy peasy!

Search the forum for Highview. You will see why you didn't need to query it.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,062 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Going by recent Tesco posts, I would be tempered to LBA Tesco on two counts, equality act, failing to make reasonable adjustments for those who require extra time, ANPR systems that record in/out discriminate by default.
    And if it was 3 minutes then there agents have no business in accessing/processing personal data. Under the new GDPR rules, the CEO could be held personally liable.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • beamerguy
    Options
    Half_way wrote: »
    Going by recent Tesco posts, I would be tempered to LBA Tesco on two counts, equality act, failing to make reasonable adjustments for those who require extra time, ANPR systems that record in/out discriminate by default.
    And if it was 3 minutes then there agents have no business in accessing/processing personal data. Under the new GDPR rules, the CEO could be held personally liable.

Yes, but Tesco has a huge problem with their interpretation
    of parking.

I am unsure if Dave Lewis is aware of these problems as
    all replies I have seen from his so called ceo.customerservice
    are very rude and arrogant and actually support the PPC.

If Lewis is aware and customer services are following his
    instructions he is living in the clouds if he expects his
    customers to follow him down this crumbling road.

With this thread Lewis has established he has a problem
    TESCO go crying to government for help ???
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5905878

Until Lewis gets this sorted, motorists/customers should
    be very wary if considering shopping with Tesco
  • ollietheboat
    Options
    Hi
    Just to let you know my Mother got an email back from highview car parking saying that they are taking no further action so thank you for the help and advice!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,063 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    As expected:
    They will come back to confirm it's cancelled within 35 days.

No need for any threads about Highview. Easy peasy!

Search the forum for Highview. You will see why you didn't need to query it.

Now you see! Easy when you know how, isn't it! :D
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi
    Just to let you know my Mother got an email back from highview car parking saying that they are taking no further action so thank you for the help and advice!

Well done. Time to go in now and get your Mum on their whitelist/extended time allowance as offered earlier.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I wonder if there are prominent notices, both in the car park and in store, reminding customers that if they need extended parking time then they contact the store? I bet not. So how are customers to know of this concession? Do they have to be mind readers?
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    They may have cancelled, but they have wasted your time, complain to your MP.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed in the house as have Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each week, hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned. They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P.
    for unprofessional conduct

The problem has become so widespread that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the House of Commons recently

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • beamerguy
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    They may have cancelled, but they have wasted your time, complain to your MP.

And take into account that Tesco's CEO approves of this parking scammer ...... don't shop at Tesco until they demonstrate the utmost respect towards their customers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure