EU student loan enforcement in UK

Hi everybody,
I went to uni in my home country and took about €15k in student loans which I did not pay off before leaving the country.
Now living and working in the UK for 3 years, I have a clean credit history.
The creditor back home sent me an email saying they will be transferring my debt to Intrum unless I pay in 2 weeks.
Given, that Intrum operates in the UK, how likely are they to find me? I am registered to vote, have phones and bank accounts on my name, however, I don't understand how I can be linked to that student loan apart from my name and date of birth.
p.s. the creditor has been looking at my social media, so they might know I am in the UK.

Thanks for your help.

Replies

• datlexdatlex Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    No you don't have a clean credit history. You have effectively defaulted on a loan. Why have you decided not to pay it?
    Paid off the last of my unsecured debts in 2016. Then saved up and bought a property. Current aim is to pay off my mortgage as early as possible. Currently over paying every month. Mortgage due to be paid off in 2036 hoping to get it paid off much earlier. Set up my own bespoke spreadsheet to manage my money.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Mortgage rates

What can you (or should you) do?

MSE News

Train strikes

Your refund rights explained

MSE News