Thomas Cook - cancelling holiday, loss of deposit

Options
Hello all, we booked a family holiday for May 2019, our financial situation has changed and I’m exploring the possibility of cancelling our holiday. I’m confused because we’ve paid a £225 deposit, and yet if we choose to cancel our holiday TC have stipulated we pay £200pp, so £800. I would have thought we would only lose our deposit?

Any advice gratefully received, thanks.

Comments

• peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    HolaWeenie wrote: »
    Hello all, we booked a family holiday for May 2019, our financial situation has changed and I’m exploring the possibility of cancelling our holiday. I’m confused because we’ve paid a £225 deposit, and yet if we choose to cancel our holiday TC have stipulated we pay £200pp, so £800. I would have thought we would only lose our deposit?

Any advice gratefully received, thanks.

If you paid a 'low deposit' the remainder of the normal deposit rate becomes payable on cancellation. It's in the T&C's you agreed to when you booked:

https://www.thomascook.com/pricing-terms-conditions/
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,158 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Would it not be cheaper to carry on with holiday rather than loose £800,ask TC if you can switch the holiday to later in the year to give you more time to save up.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • Duckyduck
    Options
    Does your travel insurance cover you for the cause of the change in your financial situation?
    Save £12k in 2019 #36
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport