How to update energy switch status?

Options
Hi there,

We recently switched via the MSE Energy Saving Club but would like to take advantage of one of the new collective switches. My problem is that the Energy Saving Club haven't updated our status to "Switch Complete" so we are unable to apply for one of these new long fix tariffs until its updated. I've emailed MSE over a week ago but its not been done yet and don't want to miss out on one of these limited deals.

Any suggestions as to how to get it updated quickly?

Thanks

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    DanRead wrote: »
    Hi there,

We recently switched via the MSE Energy Saving Club but would like to take advantage of one of the new collective switches. My problem is that the Energy Saving Club haven't updated our status to "Switch Complete" so we are unable to apply for one of these new long fix tariffs until its updated. I've emailed MSE over a week ago but its not been done yet and don't want to miss out on one of these limited deals.

Any suggestions as to how to get it updated quickly?

Thanks

I assume that you have used the email below:

If you have any queries or concerns, you can email us at energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com. Please include your full name, the email address you joined with and your postcode.

CEC usually waits until the supplier informs it that the switch has gone through before updating your profile. This can take months.
  • DanRead
    Options
    Thanks Hengus. Yes that's who I emailed. I've checked with my new supplier and they said they've updated the national database and that it's now up to the Energy Saving Club to update their own database. Bit disappointed when there's a deal out there I'd like to take advantage of but I'm stuck in limbo and my new variable tariff has been upped by about 20% just after joining...
  • alleycat`
    alleycat` Posts: 1,901 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If it has any form of cashback element it may be like that for the qualifying period (does that apply?).

Mine was like that but it should have been altered - the e-mail was replied to and remedied within 2 days.

It's possible they're now swamped with the way prices and tariffs have changed recently though.
  • DanRead
    Options
    Cheers alleycat`. I've just sent the email again so fingers crossed someone will have time to look into it. There was a small cashback due in a few months but surely that shouldn't hold up the database being updated? I fully expect not to get it!
  • alleycat`
    alleycat` Posts: 1,901 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    DanRead wrote: »
    Cheers alleycat`. I've just sent the email again so fingers crossed someone will have time to look into it. There was a small cashback due in a few months but surely that shouldn't hold up the database being updated? I fully expect not to get it!

Oddly enough it does. It remains "blocked" until the money is paid (or they fiddle with it around the back.
    I don't know what they do if you're prepared to forego the cashback to be honest.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure