Moving to be mortgage free

My husband has been offered a job transfer to Devon and after much discussion we have decided that this could work for us as my mum has decided to sell her house as well and move with us. In an ideal world this would make as mortgage free. Having only ever visited Devon for holidays the idea is scary to say the least. After loads of internet searches I'm more confused than ever. We need south Devon and thought Brixham was lovely but have since been told it's awful. Is there anyone on here who actually lives in Devon that can give advice on areas. We'll need primary and high schools and good transport links.
Thank you

Replies

• beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    83K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Cant help but sure someone will be along soon :)
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    MFW. Finally mortgage free February 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • SuperMooseSuperMoose Forumite
    287 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Can't help either but if you post on the House Buying, Renting & Selling board I'm sure someone will be able to :)
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16
    Please put out food and water for the birds and hedgehogs :)
  • bluesblues Forumite
    264 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    Forumite
    Brixham isn't awful! I really like it (until recently lived very nearby). It's been regenerated to some extent and now has some lovely restaurants. My favourite areas are Dartmouth, Totnes, Salcombe, Sidmouth, Topsham. Exeter is a nice city if you want more going on. Torquay has good grammar schools and some nice areas (as well as some not so nice areas), but that's true in most places in Devon.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 in bonus points

MSE News

Ask an Expert: Scams

Watch MSE Katie's answers to your questions

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals